Wall-E

The Agricultural Division of Heaven's Sun was a quite, peaceful place surrounded by thick tinted-glass windows. Inside, the plants were all food or food purposed and constantly looked after in controlled environments. Because of this, there weren't any humans around. No humans means no security. 

Yukine spent some time here, whenever he was able to pick up shifts to clean the floors. They couldn't take breaks, cyborgs didn't need them. But Yukine would clean and the gardeners pretty much have free range, so he was able to spend time with a cyborg with his age mentality. The boy became a cyborg by choice when he was one year older than Yukine. The two had quickly formed a friendship right after Yukine had changed, this garden was Yukine's first assignment. The agriculture cyborg had been there for Yukine and helped him though the transformation. And the pain. The Mo just hoped their friendship would be enough for him to go against the higher-ups.  

"Suzuha!" Yukine hissed from behind a bush. He cradled the Earth plant against his chest, it soft light green color noticeably different than the shelves of GMO. His friend was wearing overalls and a white t-shirt, his class stitched across the front pocket. His dark brown hair matched the soil in the short bottle and the bright green matched the surrounding leaves. Those eyes shot up from the hose in his gloved hand and looked around. 

"Mo?" Suzuha questioned the open air. Yukine let out a 'psst' and waved his hand. The gardener looked towards his friend with a confused look and let out a puff of laughter. After glancing around, Suzuha came over and ducked next to Yukine. 

"What are you doing?" Suzuha smiled. The Mo didn't look amused, causing Suzuha's mirth to droop. 

"What do you know about Earth plants?" Yukine asked in a whisper. 

"Like the original organic plants?" Suzuha whispered, "I have the basic information needed to care for all plants. Old notes on needs, biology, and illnesses. Why do you ask?" Suzuha tilted his head. Yukine looked nervously side to side, and over his shoulder. Then, he showed the plant. Suzuha blinked at the object, then looked back up at his friend. Clearly not understanding the significance. 

"It's a plant!" Yukine stressed, shaking the bottle at the gardener. 

"Yeah. You're surrounded by them. What did you steal it or something?" 

"No! It's an Earth plant!" Yukine shook it again. Suzuha looked even more confused. Until his eyes grew like saucers. 

"Wait a minute. Is that?" Suzuha gripped the neck of the bottle and tilted it towards him and peered inside. Yukine waited as his friend's eyes glowed with information. 

"It's soil," Suzuha gasped, "Like, real soil." Yukine let Suzuha numbly take the bottle with the wisp of green vine and leafs. Suzuha continued analyzing while Yukine gave him the bare minimum on information. 

"So I knew, for what you told me, that plants need water and food? But Earth doesn't have that? So-" 

"-This plant needs a major watering!" Suzuha cried out. Yukine leaped forward and clasped his hand over Suzuha's mouth. Suzuha didn't even blink, reaching in his front pocket to pull out a hose and let a small shower wash over it. 

"I need you to help it? It's turning brown and I think it needs new, uh, dirt?" 

"Of course! This poor thing needs a major check-up!" Suzuha stood up and dashed towards the infirmary. Yukine scrambled up after him, calling his name and smiling inconspicuously at the other workers. When he caught up, Yukine put his back to his friend and spoke over his shoulder. 

"And please keep this between us, the Earth plant is kind of classified." Yukine whispered the last word. Suzuha beamed over his shoulder. 

"Loud and clear! I'll work fast!" Suzuha chirped. Yukine rolled his eyes and focused on washing the closest floor space. After a couple minutes of the two working in silence, Yukine's roller stopped and he looked over his shoulder.