I nodded and looked away.

She laughed. "I applaud you. Now make yourself useful and go set up a post on the front door. We're the only people here at the moment. Well I mean Marvin's upstairs. But he doesn't really like to do anything unless he absolutely has to." She looked over at Viri and said, "he has been looking for you, he was worried about his baby sister."

Great, so zombies are attacking and with all my luck I get stuck in the same building as the guy who fucken brought me to this place. 

Viri nodded and walked away leaving me alone in the room with the woman and the children. They stuck together and the woman just smirked at them.

"Why don't you two go hide somewhere or something," They just nodded and ran away. 

She looked over at me then.

"Well, go make yourself useful." I rolled my eyes as I walked away. I could tell why Viri didn't like this chick. I was getting total bitch vibe. 

I walked over to where I believed the front door was and was extra cautious with my steps. The floor was wooden and if there was anything I did know about wood is that it tended to creak like a bitch. I stood quietly by the door and let out a breath and began to strain my ears to listen. Sometimes that's the worst part about living in this world. Sometimes silence was a good thing, but in a situation like this silence was scary. It meant that whatever was out there was close. You couldn't hear it sometimes... but you'd feel it. I looked at the hairs on my arm and they were literally standing up. 

I began to hear the shuffling and running footsteps outside. Someone was running for their life. I could hear their panicked footsteps and the eager shuffling of the zombies. I heard something hit the ground and I closed my eyes as my ears prepared for the screaming that followed. It was gut wrenching. 

The noises seemed like they were coming from outside this door and I looked over at the woman who had opened up the door. She was walking cautiously to where I was at and I looked over at the back door. It had been barricaded. Why hadn't I heard anything? Almost as if she was reading my thoughts she answered my question.

"You were too busy listening to the voice of the fucken earth to pay attention to anything happening around you," she cackled. I grimaced and turned away from her. Voice of the Earth ?

"I think they're a horde of them outside of this place," I whispered. Her calm facade slipped away and she walked cautiously towards me, she knew the floor was wooden. I watched her steps and she was taking every step I had just taken. But then her foot landed on a squeaky board and the noise seemed to echo. She stopped, her mouth gaping open and our eyes met. The noise of the zombies grew closer and we grabbed whatever we could, not caring about the noise anymore, and just began to push everything against the doors and the windows. We put a couch, a drawer, and we even put the refrigerator. The zombies hands could be heard clawing at the door and then a window shattered. A zombies face appeared and the woman quickly ran over and stuck a knife into the zombies head. 

"That's right bitch," she practically sang and began to take the knife out of the zombies head.

"We have to get out of here," I whispered and she nodded. She pointed upstairs and we began climbing the steps two at a time. 

I opened the first door we came to and Viri was sitting in the room with her brother. They both glanced up and watched us as we entered. Her brother smirked and stood up.

"So glad you could join us."

"Zombies are beginning to breach," the woman said quickly. The brothers smile faded and he nodded. He walked over to a door and pulled out a long sword that looked deadly and wicked. My mouth practically fell to the floor. I wanted that sword. I bit my lip from mentioning how awesome it was. I didn't want him thinking that I thought he was cool in any way. This didn't change the fact that he was a dill hole and had brought me to this place to practically die. 

Viri got up and glanced over at a painting in the room but then looked away from it. She had an almost thoughtful look to her face. 

Viri's brother Marvin, and the woman opened the door and began heading downstairs. I grabbed a random trophy that was in the room. It looked sharp enough. I began heading downstairs and saw that some zombies had already entered the house. I heard whimpering and crying and looked over to see the two kids dodging zombies. One of the zombies reached out and grabbed a hold of the little girls hair. She fell back and cried out. In the blink of an eye the zombies were on the little girl and she was screaming her head off. The brothers eyes widened and he cried out and jumped on one of the zombies. What the hell was he thinking? He pulled at the zombies hair and the zombie stumbled onto the floor, taking the little kid with him. I turned to head downstairs and help them but Viri stopped me. She shook her head and I looked away. I flinched as the little boy screamed with his little sister.

Marvin and the woman didn't even flinch with the screams.

Viri and I ran downstairs and began bashing zombies faces in left and right.

"There's too many of them!" I yelled.

Everyone knew I was right. 

We began to back up and Viri pushed me in back of her.

"What the hell!" I said outraged.

"Go first, your hand isn't going to be able to deal with alot of them at once," she said trying to be reasonable with me.

I began to head up the stairs and looked back at Marvin and the woman. They bolted in some other direction and 3 zombies began heading in our direction. I yelled in outrage as Viri took down one of the zombies and another one came at her. I swung my leg and kicked it right in its face. Its head snapped back and it fell down the stairs and landed at the bottom of the stairs. We had only gone up a couple of steps and we had another zombie heading for us. Viri laughed. "Thanks for that,"

I opened my mouth to reply and a zombie lunged for her arm and bit into it. We both screamed at the same time. I felt my heart drop and I swear, I was screaming louder than Viri, the person who had actually gotten bit. The zombie brought its head up and was preparing to take another bite. Viri stumbled and fell at my feet. My arm lunged out and I punched the zombie in the gut. I had just punched a zombie....

What the hell was wrong with me? 

I kicked the zombies leg and it buckled. The zombie slowly stumbled down the steps. I helped Viri up quickly and opened up the door to the room we had just been in. 

I set her down on the floor by a chair and looked at her arm. I was trying not to panic in front of her but then her eyes widened.

"Allison!" she screamed and then I turned around to see a zombie entering the room. My dumbass hadn't shut the door! I quickly tried to distract it and led it in another direction away from Viri. I stumbled backwards and landed on my ass. The zombie lunged for me. 

+++++++++++++++++++

So what did you think? I wanted to try a different approach :D
As you can see I started with the ending! haha.

Vote/Comment/Suggestions/Thoughts

Honestly I can't believe how well my zombie story is doing and I just want all my fans to know how much I appreciate all the support. Writing is something I love to do and knowing that I don't completely suck at it... haha it's a good feeling (: