"hi! i'm lily!" she greeted, yelling a little.

you gave her a strained smile. "hi, lily."

"i am here with my high school to help those in need!" you are about to say something when she grabs your handles and drags you away from the beach.

nayeon, watching this all go down, smiles, thinking it's just a kid being nice.

"wait what!" you exclaim as lily sits you by a pile of sand, other kids in wheelchairs, casts, crutches, and old people were there too.

there was a sign that read "in need" by a group of people who looked both defeated and confused. there were people in wheelchairs, crutches, casts, young children, and even old people.

lily stood with a triumphant grin, hands on her hips. "um, look kid i'm not in need. just take me back—" you tried to say, unable to move because of the sand underneath you.

"what do you mean, silly. you're in a wheelchair, you're obviously in need," lily said with a finalizing tone before hopping away.

you groan, joining the defeated club of people who gave you the same look.

so that's how you ended up here at the beach, with a ruined attitude and in the blazing sun.

you squint your eyes against the light, looking for nayeon at her work post. you try to ignore how she was in a tight swimsuit and her long hair was up and out of her face, bunny like grin hidden in a serious face.

she's so annoying, you think to yourself.

"nayeon!" you shout, hoping to get her attention. "nayeon!"

"nay!"

"over here!"

"come help me!"

"nayeon!"

this went on for a long while until a silky soft voice told you to shut up.

"shut up," a girl beside you said.

you turn to see a girl around your age, light brown hair tied up in a long pony tail. she had tired eyes and a scowl on her face. you didn't think it belonged there, her feature looked too nice and calm to hold such an ugly expression.

you hadn't noticed you were staring at her until she started glaring at you.

startled by her mean glare, you quickly look away ready to back to yelling for nayeon.

"NA—"

"oh my god, shut up. no one can hear you from here, we're in the back. just accept that we're stuck here until the come and get us," she exasperated.

you look at the chair she's in. she had a hello kitty backpack behind her chair, sailor moon stickers decorated the handles, and the wheels were protected with a pink covering.

"stupid wheels," you mutter under your breath, referring to the sand that was making it hard for you to leave. "stupid sand, stupid beach—"

"yo, chill out. it's not that serious," the girl interrupts you again, picking at her jeans as if it's her own nervous tick.

you wonder what makes her nervous.

"how long have you been here for?" you ask her, deciding if you're going to be stuck her, the least you can do is have someone to keep you company.

she thinks about it for a bit, tilting her head. "an hour, maybe two. my parents went on a date and left me by the beach. that's when they took me."

you roll your eyes thinking about lily, the girl who took you. "what a dumb way of providing community service, stick all the people in 'need' in one place, doesn't make sense."

"i'm more in need now that i'm stuck in the sand," the girl complains, side eyeing lily who was standing tall and proud by the sign.

"yeah, right."

"i'm tzuyu, by the way," tzuyu says, reaching her hand out for a shake.

"nice to meet you, tzuyu," you greet "i'm y/n, i like your back pack by the way."

tzuyu smiles, looking back at her bag and playing with the straps. "thanks, it was my little sister's."

"aw that's cute," you compliment watching as her eyes sparkle a bit. "where is she? maybe she can get you out of here."

tzuyu's smile immediately drops, eyes losing its sparkle as if a flame had burned out.

you begin to feel regret towards your question.

"she's not here, i'll leave it at that," tzuyu says, clearing her throat.

"i'm sorry if what i said hit a nerve—" you begin.

"don't worry about it. we—you and me—should be use to these type of questions," tzuyu looks at you sympathetically. you assume her sister not being there has to do with her wheelchair. "unwanted questions or attention, you know?"

you sigh, looking straight towards the beach and it's waves. "yup, that's for sure."

"i'm gonna go back to yelling for my friend," you say after a while of silence.

tzuyu punches your shoulder, a little uncalled for and a bit painful. "bye, loser. i'll talk to you next time we get stuck on the beach together."

you can't help the grin that comes to your face when tzuyu tried to push her wheels, a strained, painful look on her face.

your conversation may have been short, but you can feel a growing friendship between you two. maybe this is someone you could unleash your inner problems to. problems with your current state you've kept hidden from...well everyone.

...

not at how this took me a whole month😴😴😴 im sorry💗