Chapter 6

LENAS POV

It's funny isn't it? Letting your guard down to someone you love and trust so much only to find out they've been lying to you for months, years in fact. Trusting them with everything, telling them your deepest and darkest secrets while they can't tell you their own.

I can't say whether the reasons why Kara didn't tell me is the truth or not. To protect me? Or because it was too late? Who knows. I'm devastated.

I loved and I trusted Kara, I mean sure, it was stupid of me to not find out on my own. Thinking about it, Kara and Supergirl are exactly alike. Same luscious blonde hair, same ocean blue eyes, same features. And I couldn't guess. I guess maybe I knew deep deep deep down. I had a strong connection to both of them, well just them, I guess. So maybe deep down I knew but didn't want to admit it for this exact reason. Losing my best friend and the person I wanted to grow old with.

Sure, I am pissed at Kara. The thing is now, I don't think I'll be strong enough to face her again. And that's going to be hard since she's one person acting as two people. She'll be at the DEO. She'll be at CatCo. She'll be on television. She will be everywhere. And somehow I need to avoid her. This is going to be hard. I know every time I see her it'll be a struggle. We won't have our lunch dates every Tuesday and Friday afternoon. We won't have girl nights. We won't text each other anymore. We won't do anything. That hurts me. I've never confided in anyone before. But when I met Kara that day she came into my office with Clark, that was the day I knew someone very special was coming into my life. Someone I could actually confide in.

Twenty minutes passed and I decided it was time to leave and go home. I got there and changed into something comfortable and just laid in bed.

Overthinking as per usual. About Kara. The one time I want my mind to move away from
her it doesn't. I don't want to think about her anymore. It puts me in more and more pain every time. Tears started to fall down my cheeks and thats when I had just about enough. I called Kara. I needed this anger out and I needed this anger out now.

It's been a few minutes since I called, no answer. 4 times. Until she finally picked up.

CALL DIAL

"Don't talk. Just listen."

————————————————————————

A/N

next chapter will be longer i promise! still planning out everything for the upcoming chapters. 4 more till number 10! i'm not sure how many chapters i want to do but i'll have a think about it and let you guys know :)

thanks for 100 reads btw! means the absolute world. i never expected that!

until next time! - j x