Chapter Eight: Eavesdropped

Start from the beginning

"Listen up, eunbi. You're beautiful, talented and comes from a wealthy family as well. You can--"

I was unable to finish what I'm saying since eunbi started hitting me in the chest faintly, one after another. Her tears keep sheading indicating that she's really deep in her emotions. Pain is visible in her eyes and I don't know what to do. She shook her head but she's still hitting me nonstop and I can hear her sobbing. 

I'm not even stopping her. I'm staring blankly far away, with my lips tightly closed as I let her hit me as much as she wants if that's what will make her feel better. I won't deny that she's starting to hit me strenuously and I'm just using my force to keep in balance since she's starting to lean closer to me now. 

"Don't talk anymore if you would just ask me to stay away from you because you know that I can't and I won't." She just stopped hitting me and downright rested her head into my chest and we look like we're hugging each other.

"Eunbi, please hear me out. You're a catch, you can find someone who will treasure you with his whole heart. And you don't have to settle with someone who doesn't see you as someone more than a friend, someone like me."

"But please understand me as well. I don't want any other guys, wooseok. I only want you." 

I was flustered when eunbi pulled me even tighter, enclosing me to a hug. Her heart is beating really fast and I can feel it since her chest is really close to mine but that doesn't resemble the way my heart beats as of the moment.

"Eunbi..." She looked at me straight in the eyes the moment I loosen the hug.

"You can't even hug me? You hate me this much?" She said with remorse in her voice. Obviously, she's making herself feel small and I am feeling guilty about it. But trust me, I'm not feeling anything towards her as of the moment. It's just that I feel pity and guilt and I don't want to tell her that.

"Just give me a hug once, wooseok. Just even for once. Please." I looked at her straight in the eyes and didn't give her a response right away. I'm afraid that once I hug her, she'll go even deeper in her emotions and that's the last thing I want to happen.

"And now you don't want to give me a hug either? Okay, just let me hug you." Eunbi once again enclosed me in a hug. I somehow restrained but I can't push her away since I don't want to be insensitive to her feelings as well. I remained stood and didn't move an inch as she tightens the hug. 

As I divert my gaze into somewhere far away, I saw someone glancing at us from a certain distance. Our eyes met each other as she approaches closer to us.

Yuri. I felt uneasy knowing that she might misunderstand what she's seeing right now. I looked at her straight in the eyes and she just gave me a faint smile. I exhaled heavily once, knowing that I just screwed things up once again.

When we are about to cross each other, yuri took her glance away from me and eunbi. She tried her best to keep a straight face but I can see that she's bothered. Her eyes are sorrowful and her fists are clenched. Her eyes are also glistening as if tears are being augmented and she bit her lower lip as she let out a sad smile.

I can't seem to take my attention off of yuri making me push eunbi, mindlessly. I can feel eunbi's stare lingering but I didn't mind it since I followed yuri with my gaze. Seeing her walk away from me, in this kind of situation, breaks my heart. If only I can fix things the way it should be in an even quicker way, I could protect her the way I want.

"Eunbi, I'm sorry." I said as I ran after yuri. I can hear eunbi calling my name and also running after me but I can't let yuri misconceptualize everything. I'm going to explain and I won't let her face the day with a heavy heart.