ch. 2 - bellyache

Peter sighed staring out the window of the subway, feeling the cold glass press against his forehead. He usually left feeling the opposite of what he felt last time he was on it. Quentin usually rode the subway back with him, so it was almost like he was walking him home, but he didn't this time. Peter thought it was best that he talk to his dads first and invite Quentin over later. Quentin told Peter that he had some errands to run and get ready for tonight.

If Peter wasn't seeing his boyfriend later that night, he would have felt sad, riding the subway alone. Instead, his heart felt full, remembering the events of last night and that morning. It was how their usual hookups, no, not hookups - dates - went. Quentin always met Peter at the subway which was close to Stark Tower, so he could surprise him with their location for the night. Also, Quentin was very overprotective and didn't want his boyfriend to ride the subway alone.

Some of their dates had been at cabins, hotels, motels, and now an abandoned greenhouse. They never had an actual date, like in public or anything. Paparazzi would be all over that. His parents, along with the rest of the world, would know about his relationship. Peter's stomach turned with anxiety at the revelation that he was coming clean in just a few minutes about his sexuality and relationship.

"It's okay. You're here with me."

Peter took a deep breath and smiled, remembering Quentin's soothing words. Everything would be okay. As long as he had him, everything would be okay. Peter's anxiety seemed to dissipate whenever he was with him. Quentin was his Prozac. Unhealthy as that sounds, it was true. Peter wasn't sure if he was always needy, but he was sure that he was now.

'My friends aren't far
In the back of my car,
Lay their bodies'

The subway came to a slow stop. Peter sighed. Every step he made was one step closer to revealing the truth.

'Where's my mind? Where's my mind?'

Stepping off the subway...

'They'll be here pretty soon
They're looking through my room
For the money'

Walking up the stairs...

'I'm biting my nails
I'm too young to go to jail
It's kinda funny'

Crossing the street...

'Where's my mind?
Where's my mind?

Walking for two blocks straight...

'Where's my mind?
Where's my mind?'

Entering Stark Tower...

'Maybe it's in the gutter
Where I left my lover
What an expensive fate'

Entering the elevator...

'My V is for Vendetta
I thought that I'd be feel better'

The elevator doors opening to his family's penthouse...

'But now I got a bellyache'

His stomach was in knots as he took his airpods out and slipped them into his pockets, walking toward his livingroom.

"H-Hey, Pops." Peter's voice shook, just like his hands. He didn't realize how nervous he was until he heard his own voice.

"Peter?" Steve stood from where he was sitting comfortably on the couch, with his legs resting on the ottoman. He was reading a newspaper, of course.

"What are you doing home?" He made his way over to his son.

Peter noticed he was still in his loungewear that he slept in.