I Think I Live Here Now

He wasn't ready to answer in words, but it spoke volumes that Carey couldn't bring himself to go home in the morning. Like his whole life had been absorbed into Daryl's. They just had the one life together now.

They ate breakfast together and Daryl showed Carey his French press. That explained the missing appliance. Instead, he had a bright copper kettle that whistled when it was hot, and a bag of dark roast beans from Carey's shop. "You know how to roast them," he complimented.

Carey declined coffee and asked for tea. It was the first time Daryl's house lacked something he wanted. He could have easily run next door for a teabag, but it wasn't enough motivation to leave this wonderland. He wanted to keep reality at bay a little longer.

After breakfast, Daryl showed him the spa room. It connected through the master bath. He'd had a door punched through to the next room like he'd had a door punched through on the other side to make the nursery.

The spa room was all palms and rattan like a 1920's resort. The faux terrazzo floors stretched right out the French doors onto the balcony overlooking the pool, an extravagance perpetrated by the previous owner that Carey felt unnecessary. Even now it was redundant because the spa room held a large hot tub. Why would someone go outside to sit in a cold pool when there was a warm one inside?

Daryl suggested Carey bathe away the residue of last night and try out the massage table. He promised a happy ending. He delivered on that promise and then made love to Carey again in the hot tub where his body had help relaxing into it.

"Ah, yeah, cum inside me again," Carey was screaming at the end. When it was over he confessed, "when I'm like this I can't say no. It's useless. I'm probably going to spend the rest of my life pregnant having your babies. You're gonna have to stop me before we run out of bedrooms, 'kay?"

A lump formed in Daryl's throat. He managed to get, "'kay," out in response but nothing else. He held Carey close so he couldn't see the silent tears of joy falling freely down Daryl's face.