Chapter 4

Nova P.O.V

I unlocked the apartment door and we threw our bags on the ground.

"I hate that bitch. When we figure this out, I'm telling Olivia." I said grabbing my laptop and searching the police database with the information we had. Phoenix sighed and walked into the kitchen probably to get a snack. My phone started buzzing as I picked my phone up.

"Hello?" I asked.

"If you want to see your sister, and Olivia alive again, you'll do as I tell you. You have until 12 AM to finish what your boyfriend caught you doing. Or Cassie dies." A distorted voice said and hung up. I dropped my phone on my computer.

"Shit!"

"You okay in there Nov?" Phoenix called.

"Yea. Just dropped my phone." I said. Our assassin either wants me to cut myself again, or try and kill myself. I didn't have any memory of what Phoenix caught me doing. He walked back into the room with a bowl of Cheetos and two cokes.

"Whatchu doing?" He asked sitting down.

"Searching." I said he kissed my cheek and watched me work.

"Fun." He said. It was quiet for a few minutes.

"Hey Nix?" I asked closing the computer.

"Yeah?"

"That night. I don't have memory of anything that happened. Only my mom calling an ambulance. What happened?" I asked all serious. His muscles tightened.

"Well, we had a project due so I was coming over to work on it. You weren't in your room so I assumed you were in the bathroom. You didn't awnser but I could hear you gasp. So I practically broke your door open and you were on the floor with a razor. You didn't have a good day that day so, you were, relieving yourself." He said grabbing my hands. I hadn't cut myself in 3 years. I wanted to do many times but that night, I realize I had to stop. Our assassin wanted me to cut myself again.

"O-oh. Um, I need to go to the bathroom." I grabbed my phone and ran upstairs to my personal bathroom. I had a secret stash of, sharp tools under my sink. I never moved them in fear I might start again. Now I had too. My phone buzzed.

'Send proof. Or she dies.' There was a knock on the door as I grabbed a sharp object.

"Nov? Are you okay in here?" Phoenix asked. I set up my camera on the sink.

"Yea. Um could you bring me a jacket? I'm kinda cold." I said.

"Sure babe." He said I heard him walk away. I turn on the video and tilted my head back so I didn't have to watch as I dug into my skin with the knife. I bit my lip to stop myself from gasping in pleasure. I pulled the knife out and turned off the video. I washed the knife and my arm of the blood. There was a knock at the door and Phoenix opened it and handed me a jacket. I quickly shrugged it on and grabbed my phone and sent the video. I walked out and Phoenix looked at me with concern.

"I'm fine. Promise." I said walking down the stairs and sitting on the couch to finish my research.

6 Hours Later

Phoenix and I ate dinner it was 11 pm now.

"Drinks?" I asked. He nodded and went to get me my cocktail. I needed to get drunk. And fast. He brought me my cocktail and the rest of my secret stash of alcohol. I downed my cocktail in one gulp. He didn't look surprised and poured me another glass. I dishes that too. I could already feel myself getting drunk. After 2 more drinks I was up and dancing on the table to no music.