Chapter 4

The first thing that I noticed when I first entered the Astronomy classroom was the night sky looking ceiling. Star constellations of all sorts were marked on top of the ceiling, and it seemed like the stars were glowing. I stared in awe at the detail and colors of it, that I didn’t realize that I bumped into a student. Startled, I turned around and started to apologize right away, but then I saw that it was the guy from last night; P-Goon, was his name. He looked down at me with a very cold and judgmental face. I was hoping that he wasn’t thinking bad things of me already.

“Ah, Trinity, it would seem that we share the same class.” He said.

I stood there, bringing my hands up as I fondled them together in a nervous matter. “Y-yes,” I responded as I remembered what Hojoon said about P-Goon and his ways.

“Well, I hope that you have been learning well, you might want to pay attention because of your condition,” P-Goon said as he got a seat in the front of the class. All of the other students in the room quiet down when he sat in the front. In fact, two boys who were sitting on both sides of P-Goon got up and went towards the back of the room to sit down. I looked at the other kids and they were whispering amongst themselves. If Hojoon or anyone else was here, I would ask if other students were like this around P-Goon. What was his problem? He was the leader of the group that walked around here and everyone seemed to be scared of him. I sighed and slowly approached him in the front. Carefully, I tapped his shoulder and as he turned around his face went from surprise to…well, not so surprised.

“Yes?” He asked.

I gulped in nervousness and fiddled my fingers. P-Goon obviously didn’t find my gesture to be cute at all as he furrowed his eyebrows up at me. “Um, how are you?”

Seriously, Trinity? That’s all I could come up with? P-Goon gave me a weird look and nodded. “I’m fine, why?”

“Oh,” I was taken aback by his response, although it wasn’t the best answer, or the nicest, it was an answer nonetheless. “Just, you know, making some small talk, starting a conversation.”

Before he could go on, the teacher came into the room, carrying a suitcase. He had light blonde hair that was swooped to the side, a white coat, and spectacles were hung low on his nose. The teacher set the suitcase down on top of the desk and clapped his hands in front of him. “Alright class, please settle into your seats.” Everyone went into their according seat, while I was still standing next to P-Goon. “Ah, you must be Trinity, I’m your Astronomy teacher, Mr. Maz. Your seat will be next to Mr. Park,”

Mr. Park? Did the teachers have to treat the members like they were higher than them, too? Or was it just because he was the leader of the group? P-Goon rolled his eyes as I sat in the desk seated next to him, saying my thanks to the teacher. Although I didn’t really want to sit next to me, I could feel that he doesn’t really like me as much…unless I’m getting the wrong feelings from him.

“Alright, now, class, how are you feeling today?” No words were spoken from anyone as Mr. Maz sighed and sighed. “Tough crowd, tough crowd. Well, it is your first day of class, so I’ll let it slide this time! So, Astronomy, we all know it! Stars, constellations, zodiacs, and the best thing about it, it’s endless! And it connects!”

This teacher was very animated in his teaching. Everything that he said, he would fling his arms up and around him, as if this was a way to help students keep connected and paying attention to his words…and it worked. At least for me it did. Out of all of the teachers, Mr. Maz seemed to be free spirited and laid back.

“Stars have existed since the beginning of time, giving people and scientists alike to be given the thought of imagination and possibilities, as well as discovering. But this class isn’t your normal science astronomy class, oh no, this class is just focusing on none other than, you guessed it, the zodiac.” Mr. Maz said as he opened up his briefcase and inside was little models of the 12 zodiac signs in constellation form. “As we all know, there are 12 zodiac signs, each sign coordinating with the constellations. The stars were connected together to create a picture, like one big connect the dots. Each person was born under a zodiac sign; a constellation that was practically present during their birth. We have Aries, the ram,” he started to bring out the models from the suitcase, putting them on top of the desk, “Taurus, the bull; Gemini, the twins; Cancer, the crab; Leo the lion; Virgo, the maiden; Libra, the scales; Scorpio, the scorpion,” P-Goon smiled when he said that, as though he was proud of it. Was he a Scorpio? “Sagittarius, the archer; Capricorn, the goat; Aquarius, the water bearer; and last but not least, Pisces, the fish. These 12 symbols make up the zodiac. The reason why there are 12 zodiacs is because there are 12 months in a year; hence they split up evenly and create balance. These are what you call your Sun signs. There are other signs like your Moon and Planet, but we’ll get into those later. They also have different elements that divide into three per sign. Libra, Aquarius, and Gemini possess Air; Cancer, Scorpio, and Pieces possess Water; Capricorn, Virgo, and Taurus possess Earth; Leo, Aries, and Sagittarius possess Fire. The elements that they possess connect to the person. For example, people who are a Fire element tend to go off easily than others. And those with the Air element tend to be more at peace and are calm. Ah, Trinity? It would seem that you have a question?”