Chapter 12

I bet this will be a long ride. And it was. We didn’t even talk. I felt uneasy with him. And whenever I looked at him, he seemed irritated. I couldn’t help not to think he’s still mad at me. His hand is on the steering wheel while his other hand was on his forehead. He must be thinking about something. I don’t know.

I looked at the side mirror of the car and saw Gajeel’s car is following us. I even saw Levy waved her hands on me. I smiled.

And then I got bored. There’s no music. We didn’t even talk. No sound. And I’m getting sleepy, bored, and hungry and everything.

“How long is the ride?” I finally got the urge to ask. But I looked at the window while asking that.

“Still 3 hours…” he said. That will be long.

“You should sleep.” He said. I shook my head.

“I’m not sleepy.” I said. Even though the ride was a bit sleepy. Then, none of us talked again.

I sighed. This is awkward. I don’t even know what to say. Should I say anything? Why is acting like that? Is it all an act? Does he give up on me? Is he still mad at me? I don’t know. My mind has lots of things going on.

“Why are you picking up on me in class?” I asked. It was almost a whisper but he can still hear it.

“I’m not. I just wanted to help you.” He answered.

“By picking up on me? By embarrassing me for not having your homework done? By getting zero in your exam and announcing it to everyone? Is that what you called helping?” If it is then, no thanks. I rolled my eyes. I still couldn’t forget that day.

“That’s not what I meant to do.” He sighed. “I wanted you to learn.”

“I’m listening to your lectures.” I looked at him now with irritation. But he doesn’t have to do that. He also looked at me, giving a surprise look. Both of his hands are now on the steering wheel.

“My intentions are clear, Juvia. I’ve wanted you to pass my subject.”

“Yeah, by giving your students an exam that no one can answer.” I said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes on him. I care to look outside the cars. More trees and trees I’ve been seeing.

“I’m a teacher. I teach. Those are parts of learning.” He said sternly. Yeah right. I couldn’t hide the irritation in may face. I had to look at the window to stop the conversation. I should have not talked at all.

 I heard him sigh again. “I’m sorry if I offended you that way. I should have known.”

“You’re mad at me and you’re getting even with me by doing that.” I said leaning my head in the glass window.

He didn’t say anything. I closed my eyes. I’m right. He’s mad at me. Why is he still here if he’s mad at me? Why stay if he’s upset? Is he planning on some revenge scheme? I took a deep breath. I hope I get all my answers.

I woke up with a slight shake in my shoulder. I slowly opened my eyes. The sun is blinding my eyes. I stretched out my hands and put in my eyes.

“We’re here.” Someone said. Then, my whole body wakes up. I fell asleep on his car. I wipe my eyes.

He already opened the car and he opened the backseat. Yeah, he’s mad. So it’s a cold treatment. I don’t know why I’m expecting something from me. I should have not. I’m just some girl he dated. Maybe, he got tired of this because I can’t remember anything. Was he like that to me even before? I groaned in frustration. I wanted to know. I wanted to remember.