The only thing going through my mind right now was

Damn.

Jackson was right.

She's hot.

Riley POV

Riley POV

My head hurt and my body felt numb. I tried to open my eyes but they were too heavy.  I was beginning to freak out.
I feel someone touching my cheeks softly.
"This will not go unpunished. I promise" the soft voice whispers.
Aletha.
It was Aletha. What won't go unpunished, I wanted to ask. But my body just wasn't cooperating with me. I tried my hardest to open my eyes and finally after a while, it worked.
I opened them, only to shut them again as white light coming from everywhere blinded me. I opened them again slowly adjusting to the lights.
"Riley?" A deep voice asks. I turn my head to the side and see Nate. He gets out his chair and calls for a doctor. Why would he need a doctor? I look down at myself and am surprised to see that both my legs were in cast and my right arm was too. My body was covered in bruises and scratches and I could only see out of one eye.
I tried to reach out to my wolf, Gabriel, but I felt nothing. I slowly begin to panic. Why the heck can't I feel anything? What happened? Where's Aletha? I need Aletha. I'm hyperventilating and panicking as these questions run through my mind.
"Riley" I instantly calm down and I look up to see Aletha. Why does she have blood on her clothes?
"Al, are you alright?" I ask her. She should probably get to a doctor, there's a lot of blood. I expected her to drop any minute with the amount of blood that was covering her, what I did not expect however, was for her to start tearing up and run to me, holding my hand.
"I am so sorry, Ry. I'm sorry that I couldn't be there to protect you, I'm sorry that you had to go through that alone, and I'm sorry I failed you. I'm sor-"
"Al, what are you talking about? What happened, Al?"  I ask her.
She looks at me, confused. "You don't remember?" She questions.
"Remember what?" I am so confused.
"Ry, you were attacked by a rogue." And as soon as those words came out her mouth images started to pop into my head.
Me walking into Alethas office to ask her if we can have dinner together, then me going out to hunt for some food in the forest. I wanted to surprise her by catching our dinner. Then I remember seeing a really sickly looking wolf, I remember him asking me where my Alpha was. I remember getting mad and he was getting mad too. Then he lunged at me and the world went black.
"Oh" is all I can say.
"I'm so sorry, Ry" she tells me, her voice breaking.
"Al, it wasn't your fault. I knew better than to go out by myself cause you warned me not to, but I did it anyways. I don't blame you and I don't think you failed me." I tell her. I hated to see her so sad. She never really showed emotions before but seeing her sad was making me sad.
Before she can say anything a man covered in tattoos comes in. He looks at me then he looks at Al. He looks at her like he wants to eat her. She's not food stupid man, back off. I growl at him trying to get him to stop staring at her. He only smiles and puts his hands up in surrender.
Yeah dummy, keep your eyes to yourself.
"Ry, this is Alpha Luther, he's the one I told you about. Ace this is Riley, my brother." My heart skips a beat and I smile my biggest smile at Aletha, but I quickly stop as I feel pain in my face. "He knows?" Alpha Luther asks. "Yeah he's the only one that does" he nods and comes up to me. Offering his hand to my uninjured one. I take it and shake it. "Nice to meet you, Riley. Call me Ace" I look up at him in shock. Calling an Alpha by their name was a sign of disrespect unless you were close family or friends. I just barely met this guy. I look at Aletha and see her  smile just a little bit. It was rare.

I just might like this guy.

Aletha POV

Aletha POV

Before Riley can say anything back, the doctor comes in and immediately tenses once he feels the powerful aura of 2 Alphas in the room.
"Hello Alpha Morgan's and Alpha Luther, I'm doctor Green." He tells us giving us a small but timid smile. I nod my head at him and so does Ace. He looks over at Riley and is surprised to see him up. "Nate told me you were up, but with the amount of injuries you had and not to mention the life support, I couldn't believe it. You must have a strong wolf, son" he compliments Riley, making him puff out his chest just a little. "How long until I can take him home?" I ask. "Well at the rate he's healing I'd say 4-5 days." He tells me.
"And he's cleared for everything else? No diseases or anything of the sort?" I ask. "Yes Alpha we tested him and he came back clean."
I was still worried. "What about pain? What are you doing for the pain?" I question. He seems to be getting more nervous but answers the questions anyways. "We have been giving him morphine for the pain, but since he's doing well we'll have to lower the dosage." He tells me.
I still wasn't done.

"And his casts? When can those come off? How long until he can walk? Or write? Will he be able to walk? Or write?" I ask. The doctors face becomes sweaty as each question is thrown at him.
"They're for the broken arms. In a couple days. I'd give it a week to walk or write. Yes. Yes." He answers.
"These scratches will leave scars? Do you have anything for the scars? Something that won't hurt? Will this effect his vision? Can he now only see out of one eye? Do you have eye patches? When will the stitches come out? Do I have to bring him back for that? Or can I do it myself?"
The doctor was now sweating bullets but still manages to answer my questions. "Yes. Yes. Yes but it burns. No. No. Yes but he won't need them. In 2 days. Yes. It's not recommended."

Huh, this guy was good. I look over to Ace who was standing with Riley. They both had amused expressions on their face. I could feel mine start to heat up so I looked away. It wasn't my fault I was worried. Half of the questions my wolf came up with.

"Any more questions, Alpha?"