"tomorrow i pick you up at one for lunch?"

"sounds good"

we make it to 7/11 and get our slurpees.

anthony, being the gentleman he is, then walks me home.

when we arrive on my front porch, i kiss his cheek goodbye, then walking inside with a smile.

our way is coming.

i say hi to my parents and tell them about my day.

i eat dinner early then go upstairs to shower.

when i come out, the alarm goes off, saying scarlet's video was now on YouTube.

i put my clothes on and blow dry my hair to see 10 missed calls from hannah.

"are you okay?" i ask as she picks up.

"watch scarlet's video RIGHT NOW"

i rush to my laptop and find the video.

story time: how hailey sinclair stole my role of being the cheer captain.

"hailey, record yourself reacting to this. you need to shut down those rumours and lies right now!"

i reach for my camera and turn it on.

"hey guys! i know i look crazy right now but i only decided to do this video right now to shut down a rumour a girl spread about me during the video, which hundreds of people have seen already. i'll edit it so it's in the corner of the screen, here you go"

i text the tiktok family groupchat and tell them all to watch the video. i also texted jaden, who was already big on tiktok because of him just hitting 250k followers.

i react to the video.

apparently i forced everyone to turn on her, making her quit as captain, making me captain now!

she explained how terrible I treated her and everyone and how i was bossy and always wanted to be a star. and the biggest lie of all: that i stole anthony from her!

"wow. it's crazy to think that someone believes that i have the heart to do this. i would never ever do that or be just as rude to anyone and i really can't believe she would post that. scarlet, i thought you were my friend! i thought you gave up the role and chose to give it to me because you thought i deserved it but now i realised you only did it just to make this video about me? i was always there for you, especially when anthony broke things off with you because he never liked you in the first place. i never stole him or anyone from you or anyone else"

i turn back to my camera.

"basically on the first day back at school, scarlet came up to me and said 'hailey, i'm quitting my role as captain and i want you to replace me'. i was like 'wow, thank you so much!' we all started to stretch and i remember anthony coming up to me and saying 'scarlet is up to something. when we were together she said she would never quit being captain because it's what she loved the most'. i didn't believe him and actually got kind of offended thinking he didn't expect me to become captain at all but now i see what he meant.

but scarlet, you are one crazy girl! why would you even do this? do you want me to not succeed in life? do you want me to not get bigger on social media? or did you do this so anthony could date you again? i don't know but lying about this really isn't cool. Also to my viewers, If you want others to help me prove that I'm not the one lying, here they are"

i facetime the tiktok groupchat and add jaden to it.

"ay sup jaden!" elmo says as everyone says hi to him and welcomes him to the tiktok family.