chapter sixteen

"go anthony!" i cheer.

as all his teammates go over and bro hug him, pat his back and stuff, he winks over at me.

i obviously cheered for every guy as they scored but cheering for anthony felt a tad bit better.

the boys win their game as everyone cheers.

we go and hug all of the cheerleaders on the other team and say good game and stuff but then go over to the guys.

i run up to Anthony and wrap my arms around his neck as he picks me up and spins me around.

"you did so so well!"

"i know, it felt great being back!"

it's been two weeks since anthony has been back and it's been great.

i sensed something was up with scarlet too, it's like she was jealous of me. i mean, i am in love with her ex but honestly it's been over a year, she needs to move on.

what's also happened is that anthony's dad came home but for some reason, he's chill with me!

he saw anthony on a facetime call with me and was fine about it.

he didn't tell anthony where he went but he did say he met someone and was happy.

i haven't seen his dad in person ever since the target encounter but i feel like he's chill now.

my parents also seem to have become chill with anthony too, because of him coming over for a business and economics project.

maybe anthony and i could finally have our way after all.

"let's walk to 7/11 after this" he says as i nod.

"we can get cherry slurpees in honour of alexei!"

"okay but seriously, who is alexei? is he that guy with the curly hair and glasses sipping on that slurpee?"

"yeah!"

"it's everybody's profile photo in my comments on tiktok!"

"you haven't watched stranger things so you wouldn't know"

"do you wanna maybe rewatch it just to watch it with me?"

"yes, one hundred percent!"

we all go into our change rooms.

"so, hailey. i've started a youtube channel and maybe you could subscribe? i'm dropping my first video tonight"

"yeah, that's so cool! i'd be down to watch. what's the video about?"

"mind of a surprise but you could say it's a story time about something crazy that happened to me"

"well, i'll be watching"

"good! it will be up at 9pm sharp!"

"i'll set an alarm"

"as you should"

i get changed into a grey nike sweater and some black leggings, put on some fuzzy socks and then my airforces.

"you look good in everything"

"so do you"

i link hands with anthony as we walk out of the school with our gym bags and walk to 7/11.

we talk about how the both of our parents are starting to like us, which made us consider going on a date.

"i wouldn't mind"

"me neither. besides, if we wanted to get back together we can't do it straight away, we need to get back into it ya feel?"

"i do"