Mistakes, Misunderstandings, and a Phone Call

Start from the beginning

“We are just friends! Nothing more! I have a boyfriend for Gods sakes!” I replied back, getting annoyed.

“Seriously Belle? Are you BLIND?” She said, raising her voice. I cringed at her tone. “ it’s so obvious you like Harry! If you keep leading him on like this how do you expect to get anywhere!? You’re so pathetic if you think he will stick around forever. If you don’t drop Tyler soon he will be gone!”

All my anger melted away and turned into sadness. I’m pathetic? All the feelings from when I was bullied came crashing back onto me. I felt my eyes water up as I remembered everything they said. I stood up, throwing away my half full coffee and walked away, heading home.

“REALLY BELLE? YOURE JUST GOING TO RUN AWAY FROM YOUR PROBLEMS LIKE ALWAYS?” Kelly yelled at me as I made my way down the street. I didn’t answer; instead I quickened my pace as I felt tears threatening to appear.

“WHAT ABOUT GETTING HOME?”

“ILL WALK” I yelled back not turning back around.

I pulled on a pair of sun glasses to hide my red eyes even though it was drizzling outside, typical London weather. I rounded the street, ignoring people’s stares, unsure of where I was going. I knew one thing for sure, Kelly was right. I needed to drop Tyler if I wanted Harry but it wasn’t so easy. I thought I had finally found someone who cared about me with Tyler. I needed that someone who would make things okay but lately I didn’t know what to think with him. My head started pounding and I felt woozy as I made my way along the street. I was so frustrated and sad at the same time I didn’t know what to do so I just let the tears fall down my face, mirroring the rain that was now falling. Just then, I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I looked at the screen which read I had a message from Tyler. I unlocked my phone and read the message:

Hey can we talk?

I clicked on his contact and dialed his number. I didn’t know what this was about but I definitely needed someone to talk to. On the third ring he answered.

Tyler?” I asked timidly, my voice sounding like a whimper.

“Belle? What’s wrong? Where are you?” He asked concerned.

“I don’t know, I’m lost, it’s raining, I got into a fight with Kelly, I don’t know” I said out of breath.

“I’m coming Belle, just stay on the phone. What street are you on”

I squinted through my sunglasses trying to read the sign.

“I’m in covenant gardens” I replied

“Okay I’m coming, don’t worry it’s going to be okay.” He said, his words instantly calming me.

How did Kelly expect me to drop Tyler so fast when he had moments like this, when he was so sweet?

I sat down on a curb, holding my hands in my face. Things were so messed up. I was fighting with my best friend, my heart was with two different people, I didn’t even know what to do about the move, and meanwhile I always seemed to be sick. What is wrong with me lately? I guess all the stress is making me ill. I kept my head down, wondering when Tyler would be here. I decided to listen to some music to calm me. I pulled headphones out of my pocket and plugged them into my phone, letting the song choose randomly. I vaguely listened, barely paying attention, letting my mind drift elsewhere. Then I heard an all too familiar laugh. I snapped my head up and looked across the street.

Shit

Of course, with all my luck, Niall and the rest of the boys were walking down the street in my direction, chatting with a fan. Even with my headphones in I could hear him laughing like he didn’t have a care in the world, I would die to be able to say I didn’t have a care in the world. I slumped down, hiding my face trying to keep myself hidden. I didn’t want the boys-especially Harry- to see me like this. Even worse, Tyler would be here soon. This wasn’t good.