Chapter four team

Chapter Four : Team.

Naru sat at her desk in silence waiting for the rest of her classmates to arrive so they could be divided up and start their journey. She gnawed on her finger until it began to bleed.

'Naru, you'll be okay, Mizuki is locked away." Kurama comforted her, she looked at the fox then down to her feet.

"I know, but... it just seems like no matter what there is always going to be someone that wants to destroy me, and anyone who gets in their way."

"Then you become strong enough to protect everyone." He retorted, she smirked at him and gave a nod.

Slowly each student came in sitting with their friend eagerly awaiting their teams to be called, Naru motioned for Hinata who sat next to her and they talked quietly about last night.

"You didn't get in trouble did you?" Naru asked with a wince.

"No, father was actually kinda happy I was able to use Hakke Kusho." She gave a small shrug. "How's your wound?"
"Healed, I have a high healing rate." She supplied to the unasked question, Hinata nodded.

"How did you get hurt?" Kiba questioned, she paused and shifted a little and sighed. "Someone you need taken care of?"
"Shut up Kiba." Sasuke snipped at the boy who began to yell at the young Uchiha as he ignored him.

"Alright calm down," Iruka clapped his hands. "Once again I have to say how proud I am of each and every single one of you. I know you'll make amazing ninja that will protect your village." He grinned. "So, let's get your teams assigned and then I want you all to sit with your teammates, we'll dismiss you for lunch and when you return your team sensei will come get you." He smiled, everyone chattered full of excitement as Iruka calls teams of three, Naru's leg bounced up and down rapidly as she waited for her name to be called.

"Team 7, Haruno Sakura, Uchiha Sasuke-"
"YES!!!" Sakura's cheer interrupted the young chunin, Sasuke let out a groan as Kiba snorted next to him.

"Ahem- and Uzumaki Naru."
"Yes." Sasuke let out before he could stop it a pink hue covered his cheeks, Kiba let out a loud groan of disappointment, Naru shook her head as the two began to taunt each other.

'Great...' She though, Kurama chuckled quietly.

Iruka continued down the list until all the students were placed on their team and moved together.

"Sasuke-kun I knew we'd work together!" Sakura cooed holding the boys arm who squirmed away from her hold.

"You rigged it somehow Uchiha." Kiba hissed at the boy, he chuckled at his rival before turning to his new team member giving her a smirk.

"Well now we're a team, we should get lunch together." He said loud enough making Kiba growl at him.

"No." Naru said, Sasuke grunted at the blunt answer.

"Dismissed everyone," he said with a smile fighting a proud tear in his eye. He looked at Naru and sighed inwardly. 'I hope you most of all climb...'

Naru walked slowly out with Hinata when suddenly Sasuke's wrapped around her side.

"How about we get lunch together, since we're teammates." He said , Sakura's cry of surprise and defeat didn't cover the loud growl from Kiba nor the low growl Naru emitted, or more like Kurama emitted from her.

"No, and remove your arm before I remove it from your body." Sasuke jerked his arm off before smirking at Kiba who nearly began to bark insults at him as Naru and Hinata slipped away.