Chapter Six: Challenge

Naru took in a deep breath opening her eyes looking around spotting Sasuke sitting next to her. "Hey." He said, she groaned sitting up slowly. "You feeling okay?" He questioned.

"What happened?" She asked, touching her neck. "I felt like I got stung by a giant bee or something."
"Zabuza had a hidden partner, he hit you with senbon, basically paralyzed you. Kakashi said you'll be kinda weak for a bit." He said. "Get a drink." He handed her a cup of water.

"Thank you Sasuke, you're sweet." She smiled, a blush flared on his cheeks before he nodded his head.

"You need to be more careful, I was worried about you....." He said, she smiled at him then looked down.

"Look who woke up, how are you feeling?" Kakashi walked into the room sitting down followed by Tazuna, Sakura and another woman with ebony black hair.

"Kinda sluggish but I'll be fine. Sasuke was telling me, Zabuza's still alive?"
"We both did a lot of damage to him, so he'll need to rest himself, that will give us time to train and prepare."

"What in Kami's name could we learn in a short time to help us beat Zabuza?" Sakura snipped.

"By training, I am a jounin and by training you even a little will open more doors for your growth." He responded. "Get some rest and we'll start first thing in the morning." He said looking pointedly at Naru who huffed.

oOo

"Alright, I am confident you were taught all about chakra in the academy, I will teach you distribution of chakra, to master control of the energy that flows through you."

"How?" Sasuke questioned.

"You're gonna climb a tree." The jounin smiled.

"What?!" They exclaimed.

"With no hands." He finished.

"That's impossible!" Sakura protested.

"Really?" He questioned walking to a nearby tree placing his foot on the trunk and easily walked up the side hands free before getting to a lower limb and stared down at his upside down pupils.

"What is this supposed to do exactly?" He asked.

"Mastering this, you'll learn how to release a set amount of chakra to nothing but the soles of your feet, enough to keep you glued, but not enough to cause you to be stuck. Once you can pass this, learning new jutsu and tricks will be a breeze." He waved his hand dismissively. "So, use these kunai, take a running start and climb up, once you've hit the top you pass and we'll discuss a few more tricks." He threw the kunai at their feet and jumped down.

The genin set out to do as their leader explained before running up the branch, unsurprisingly not getting high.

'What's the secret to this?'

"Oh no, you'll learn this on your own. You can't always depend on me, I'll help but I will not do everything for you.'

Naru listened to the beast as he instructed her chakra control and began to walk shakily up the tree getting halfway before losing focus. She fell to the ground with a thump grumbling and watched as Sasuke ran to the same height before the tree splintered under his foot and he fell back to the ground.

'Okay, so if it's too much chakra the tree splinters and if it's too little the grip won't work.' She thought before pulling her shoes off and focused carefully imagining the chakra filling the soles of her feet before running to the tree and quickly walked up taking big steps focusing just on her chakra.