Chapter 2 (part 2)

Derek pulled into his and Phil's drive way. It was late and the sun had been down for a while, but what can you do when your not-so-sober mother tries to give an elloquently slurred speech to you and your groom that takes way longer than it should have?

Their reception had been amazingly fun, even with Derek's drunk mother. There was champagne and wine, singing and dancing, even those mini hotdogs wrapped in breading-- Phil insisted on the "pigs in a blanket" being included. Derek's sister wouldn't shut up about his embarassing baby stories if you payed her, and Phil's mother chipped in her own stories about her Little Philly; the newly weds were a complete blushing mess the entirety of the party. However, no matter how much they denied it they both knew they loved it; they loved each other too much to even care.

And that's really all there was to them. Derek loved Phil and Phil loved Derek.

-

The two of them met at a coffee shop a little under three years ago. Derek was the stunningly beautiful, upbeat barista, and Phil was the sad, lifeless guy in the corner booth every other day. Derek always made it a point to strike up conversation with the gloomy regular, he was just so beautiful. Black hair straightened and pushed to one side, darkened blue eyes that deserved to shine brighter, and a tall, lanky figure. Phil was everything Derek thought he would never fall for, but here he was. 

It took several months before Phil opened up to Derek's attempts to get his number. He finally gave in because frankly, he was annoyed. Here was this incredibly pretty man; dark skin, dark hair that was spiked in the front, and brown, almost golden eyes. He was muscular, tall-- but still shorter than Phil-- bright, and happy in every way. He was everything Phil would never fall for, and he absolutely despised him.

How was it fair that someone could be so happy when Phil was so depressed? And how dare this person try to flirt with him? Phil was so bitter, he just wanted to feel okay after the horribly heart shattering break up with Dan. It wasn't fucking fair that someone could just have such a perfect, happy life with no problems weighing them down.

Derek didn't understand this, all he knew was that he wanted Phil. He was oblivious to the short, sometimes rude comments from the taller man. he was persistent in his goal of making Phil his, and wouldnt let a few words break him down.

Finally Phil gave in and gave the enthusiastic barista his phone number. Besides, a few dates and maybe even a good fuck might help him forget about Dan; and it's not like Derek wasn't attractive. He just wasn't Dan.

They had their first date two days later. Derek took them to dinner at a restaurant that was too fancy for Phil's liking, then to the cinema to see a movie that was too boring for him.

Derek tried his hardest to make Phil happy. The two talked and talked, and found that they had nothing in common, but Derek didn't care. Phil was too damn beatiful to pass up, and too visibly sad to ignore. So, he kept trying.

By the end of the movie, Phil got irritated. He wanted to move on and forget Dan, and this was his opportunity-- he was not going to pass this up.

Phil started getting clingy. Leaning on Derek's shoulder turned into hand holding, which turned into kissing, which turned into making out, which turned into them running out of the theater and into Derek's car to get to Phil's house since his was closer, and they were both hot and desperate.

The whole car ride Phil couldnt keep his hands off Derek who was driving and quite distracted. When they finally got to the appartments, Phil was basically hanging off of Derek, making it difficult to stumble up the stairs and into Phil's own appartment, two floors up.

When they got inside, Phil all but threw Derek onto his couch and sat on his lap. He connected their lips, and took complete control of the kiss. It wasn't long before shirts were off, hands were roaming, and hips were grinding. At somepoint they moved to the bedroom, but if you asked, they wouldnt be able to tell you when.

When they had finished, the two lay cuddled on Phil's bed, and Derek was fast asleep. Phil, however, was wide awake with his mind moving a mile a minute. What the actual fuck is happening to him?

This was supposed to be a one night stand type of thing. He was supposed to forget about... what was he trying to forget about? Why did he agree to a date with this person he cant stand? Why is he getting butterflies thinking about this guy, and how pretty he looked being fucked into his matress? Fuck... Derek, you idiot...

Phil cuddled into the other mans chest, and he subconsciencely pulled Phil closer to him in his sleep.

Why the hell am i falling for someone like you?

gah im so sorry for this story (its only gonna get worse oops)

please dont shoot me for putting Phil with someone else <_>