Chapter 48 Final Battle 2nd Round ①

Start from the beginning

La Veil then started walking slowly towards her enemy. Realising the difference in her pattern, Horomir fired her fourth volley with four arrows. But all the arrows she shot were crushed the moment they closed in. The face of Horomir was showing her shock.

『That was amazing, ane-sama!! She was handling Horomir's attacks splendidly!! And didn't even break a sweat from that chain of attacks!!』

「Guess I really have to get serious from here on!」

Horomir greatly increased the number of arrows this time. The total number is 16. Currently this is the limit of what Horomir could use and release at once. The speed of the arrows were also way much greater than the previous ones. People would probably consider it god speed. La Veil was quite impressed by her technique and equally responded.

「Then I'll also be serious for a bit」

Moving instantly to the side of the arrows trajectory, she swung her halberd down really fast crushing all the arrows that were supposedly aiming for her.

Horormir, whose best technique was broken, gave up on firing the next shot and tried to overturn it quickly approaching La Veil to attack, but she stiffened when noticing the halberd's blade already pointed at her neck. As she was thinking just how absurd that moment was, she also realized that her quiver was empty.

『And that ends it!! The match goes to La Veil ane-sama!! She has proven her strength by overcoming Horomir's rain of invisible arrows directly and winning!! She will be advancing into the quarter finals of the battle tournament!! Congratulations Ane-sama!!』

「I wasn't even considered an enemy, huh. I accept my complete defeat」

「Umu, continue polishing that skill of your from now on. I will be looking forward to the next time we have a match」

They exchanged a firm handshake and went back, leaving the stage behind them. The audiences were praising the two for showing a great fight and continued applauding until they entered the waiting area and disappeared.

「How about that Arena, am I cool?」

「Un, La Veil, very cool~」

「Ooooh~weheheheh~」

It's fine to go all weird like that but you know, we're in the middle of a crowd right now. Can you stop that for now, because a lot of people are staring at us, don't you know? Did La Veil already turned into something with a similar mind as a fairy? No, I don't think she's even aware of how she should act in public, which is kind of worrying.

『In the next match, the ones fighting will be Abil with a new sword in hand!! The opponent will be Chuck, whose weapon is using a big chakram!!』

Both people, who were now on the stage, were not making any eye contact. Instead the both of them were checking the weapons the other side carried and were only concentrating on the position of the other's feet.

『Will Abil's tricks and techniques be able to take down his opponent who uses a chakram, a huge all-rounder weapon which can attack and defend from all directions?! I am looking forward to their fight and wish see who will reign victorious!! And so, the second battle, start!!』

「Uuuooooohhhh!!」

「I won't let you!!」

An attack from the side which Abil quickly initiated was blocked by Chuck's chakram. Chuck is not as fast as Abil, but has good kinetic vision and movement control, which is his selling point as an adventurer. Not to mention that Chuck has enough sturdiness to even withstand an attack from a red bear and the strength to stop it.