Freedom

I wake up to Vanessa grunting, "Get," she grunts again, "off."

I open my eyes and don't see her on the couch. I hear a kissing sound. "I'll be back in two hours honey," Xavier says. "Go ahead and untie him but no funny business."

I heard a door open and close. Vanessa walks out of a room slowly. She sees me and unties me immediately. I get up and hug her. She just buries her head in my neck.

"Are you alright?"

She shrugs.

"Please speak to me, I haven't heard your voice in forever."

"I'm sorry I have a bad habit of not talking when I'm going through a bad time."

I nod. "It's fine, I'd just prefer you tell me what's going on in your mind."

"You don't want to know that," she says shaking her head, nervously laughing.

"Just tell me."

She looks down and sits down on the couch, I follow her and she faces me, grabbing my hand and playing with my fingers. She stares at them as she speaks, "I just don't know how far he's going to go this time."

"What do you mean by that?"

She shakes her head, "Never mind that, he said we're relocating when he gets back."

We stay silent for a few minutes.

"How long have we been here?" I ask.

"A little over a month," she says nonchalantly. Her eyes then widen, "Zayn we've been here for more than a month a-and I haven't," she shakes her head. "I can't be."

"What's going on?" I ask.

She runs to a room and I follow, I see her looking at a calendar. "Zayn, I might be pregnant."

I spend the next hour comforting her as she cries. The door opens and in walks someone who I've never seen.

*Vanessa*

My last hope just walked in. I haven't seen him in years though and I'm not sure where we stand.

He walks over to us and has me stand up, then he hugs me. "I'm here to save you," he whispers into my ear.

"William I-"

"Shh, calm down, just go with me to my car," he says.

I grab Zayn's hand and we all walk quickly to the car."

William speeds off and I introduce them once we're in the city.

*Zayn*

We arrived to the police station and I can't believe we made it. We are quickly taken to the hospital once they have on record that we have shown up.

We ride in the back of the cop car and that's when things fall apart. A car quickly approaches and crashes into the right side of the car, hitting William first as he is on the right side. I am the least affected as I'm on the left side and Vanessa is sitting between us.

"Get out!" the cop who is in the passenger's seat says as he helps me and Vanessa out. The car sets on fire before we can help William and the other cop out.

Vanessa starts screaming and crying as the cop and I join forces to hold her back. A gun goes off and the cop is holding his right arm as I instinctively try to cover Vanessa.

She pushes me away though and walks towards the source of the sound. "Please don't hurt them," I hear her plead.

I look up and see Xavier holding a gun to her head, all the while the cop points his gun at Xavier.

"Xavier," I say.

"Shut up," he tells me.

"Please don't shoot her-"

"Oh and why should I listen to that?"

"Because Xavier she is carrying your child. You're going to be a father," I say.

"W-what?" he asks shocked as he let's go of Vanessa's neck grabbing her arms instead. He grabs her chin and makes her look in his eyes, "Baby is that true?" he asks.

"Y-Yes," she nods as tears run down her face.

He laughs shocked and pulls her in for a kiss and a hug.

Vanessa quickly knees him and grabs a hold of his gun. She pins him to the ground as he lays down on his stomach. The cops that have arrived on the scene then move in and hold him down.

They cuff him and place him in the cop car as he threatens Vanessa. "I will be back and I will be a part of our child's life if that's the last thing I do!" he shouts.

At the hospital Vanessa is tested for pregnancy and she comes out positive. Her mum and dad try to comfort her. "I don't know what to do," she says to me about the situation.

She had asked them to give her time to think. She allowed me to stay in the room as her parents filled out some information for the hospital.

She sits there fiddling with her hospital wrist band. "Zayn I really don't know what to do. What would you do if I did keep the baby?" she asks.

I sigh, "I wouldn't leave you if that's what you're scared about."

She nods. "Looks like I'm keeping the baby," she says.