“Ah, um, ah . . .” he started babbling, probably at a lost for words. Scratching the back of his neck his face started turning pink. “Something like that.”

        “Well as you can see, I’m here.” I gestured to myself, giving him a wide smile.

        “I know.” He grinned. “Anyways, come on in! Mi casa es su casa.”

        I cocked a brow at his choice of words, but nonetheless stepped inside. The first thing that caught my eye was the ceiling. It was a three-dimensional illusionistic ceiling painting. It looked like the house didn’t even have a roof—instead a clear open view of the sky, filled with doves and white fluffy clouds. Making sure to close my mouth at the breathtaking scenery, I faced Hunter, remembering what he had said. “So, you speak spanish?”

        “Not really.” He rolled his shoulders, as he leaned his back against his medium tone-wallpaper. “That’s pretty much the only phrase I know, beside like hello and thank you.”

        “I honestly hope your knowledge of Biology is a lot better than your Spanish accent.”

        “Hey!” he exclaimed, “it’s not my fault I’m half-british!”

        I lifted an eyebrow at him. “What does that have anything to do with this?”

        “Everything!” he defended.

        “Okay half British guy,” I gave in, even though his argument was invalid. “Let’s just go upstairs and study. Don’t you have a test coming up on Monday?”

        “Do we have to start now?” He started whining, sticking his bottom lip out for emphasis. “Can’t we like, I don’t know make lunch first?”

         “You do realize it’s like two o’clock in the afternoon right?”

        “And?” He sounded confused.

        “And, don’t you think two o’clock is a little bit late for lunch?” I questioned, moving closer towards him.

        His eyes flickered down towards my legs for a split second before they connected with my eyes again. “It’s never too late to eat! We can have dunch.”

        “What the hell is dunch?”

        “You know.” He motioned his hands in between us, “a mix between lunch and dinner.”

        I rolled my eyes, appalled that he didn't even know the techinical term was actually called linner. “You’re just making excuses.”