Fall Equinóx

I look in the mirror and see my own reflection starring back. My eyes my own, but not. They were brighter, gleaming, & glowing like a neon light lit up in a dark room. Like a sunflower that was blooming over and over. My long dark hair flowed messily over my ivory skin, blending in with the charcoal lace dress hung on my shoulders. My nails a crisp red, matching the pop of lipstick placed on my lips. I run my hands down my torso brushing the silk lace from any wrinkles away. Taking one more deep breath and letting it back out in a sigh. My nerves were definitely there, they always peaked when making an entrance in front of the whole pack. Being a Luna is like being queen bee, everyone looks up to you for guidance, wise words, and as well when it comes to protecting. But how can I protect them when I can't even protect myself, or give them words of wisdom when I don't take my own advice. My brain was all clustered with on going chaotic thoughts, but that all went away when a soothing hand was placed on the small of my back.

I tear my gaze from the floor and up to the mirror. Meeting Traisen's glowing eyes similar to my own, but in his own unique piercing neon color. He was in a simple black suit that matched my dress, with a red hanky tucked in his upper pocket.

"You look beautiful." He whispers in my ear. His breath fanned the back of my neck, making the hairs stand up. I give him a sly smile at his compliment.

'You clean up nice as well' I mind-link him.

'Someone's been practicing I see.' Giving me a cheeky grin with his pearly whites.

He was right no doubt. I never not want to be disconnected from him again. Especially when there is a war that's brewing. Before my thoughts could go on a rampage, Traisen interrupted them with 'shall we?'

I nod yes, interlacing my fingers with his. Traisen led me down the spiral stairs that seemed never ending. The lightly dim lit hallways give away an eerie feel. It was quiet.. to quiet. I specifically remember Traisen telling Natalia we would meet them in the dining hall, but Traisen was leading us away from it. Strolling us through the French doors opened towards outside.

The sun setting gave out hues of colors, that played across the ocean waves. The waves lapped at the sand leaving its lacy foam to trail the waves as they retreated. The ocean had always conjured comforting ideas into my head. Whenever I felt frazzled in my head, I would close my eyes and visit it.

My attention averted to the entire pack crowding the tables, set up dimly lit with candles. Despite of the disaster of events that happened the last past month for them, they still found a way to smile through it all. They carry themselves so well. I don't know if I would have enough strength after having my family torn away and especially my soulmate. I look up at my perfect soulmate's face, just to remind myself how lucky I am to have him.

Traisen clears his throat and just like that the Viko-Dlaks stood up from their seats. Each one bowing down and awaiting their Sól & Máni to do the same. We bow back in synch with one another showing gratitude. Everyone takes their seats starting the chatter back up.

I was hoping to sit next to Traisen at the head of the table so he could ease my nerves. Instead a special chair embroidered with handcrafted carvings was placed on the other end side. I knew this was his little scheme in making me get to know the pack.

I make my way to the other end, placing myself in that chair that felt like miles away from Traisen. I shoot him daggers and death glares like the waves that were crushing ashore.

I learned the names that sat closest to me fairly quickly, as well as their Viko-Dlak abilities. A girl named Vienna was to my right with mocha kissed hair, and one of the most profound hazel eyes I've ever seen. She was so eager to show me her breathtaking self in a shift you would of missed if blinked.

Dark silhouette slithered across her body sprouting darkest of Fur ever seen. Wings that were once tucked down, expanded upward towards the sky. Across those wings stars were written. With every shade of hue across them. In her non human form her eyes held the colors of many galaxies. Purple smoke radiated from her like a fog, but it wasn't harmless fog. She was able to poison and suffocate her opponent. Even though it looked beautiful and inviting, it was only a deadly trap.

Octavius was to my left. He was one of the tallest in the pack but had the body mass to support his height, making him appear intimidating. He was front line in pack battles, their army recruiter as well as leader. His look give off anything but soft. From his cheek bones to his calves was lining of sharp muscling edges. Eyes almost as dark as Vienna's fur. Raven hair slicked back with gel. His Viko Dlak was specked with many colors, and his ability was blending into his surroundings like a Chameleon. He made himself invisible to the enemy's eyes.

Grover was something straight out of a story brook, he was one with the forest. Branches and twigs made his silhouette. Interwind together with leaves spurting out in every directions. he attracted the animals to his side and had the power to communicate with them. Just like Octavious he could be invisible to the human eye. He blended with the trees as they were one. But the most astonishing one was Mauve.

She had hair white as snow and eyes of powerful flare violet. Every step she took would leave a trail of frost. Her coat shimmered that of millions snowflakes as they danced around her in her personal twirl of wind. With just one breath she had the ability to freeze you into a glistering statue, but also the ability to shatter you into a thousand pieces of ice. Her eyes could defrost her opponent, but that is if she felt merciful.

One after another chatted with me, eager to show their true self. All were so magically beautiful and the whole human race is blind to their existence. In twenty years no one will talk about todays, as if it never happened, and thats a shame. People should talk about it, people should remember. Why hide from the world? it's not like they are a threat to them.

The glass shattering in the distance brought my attention back to the table. Laughter erupted as a few just had too much to drink for the night. The dark has painted its canvas across the sky, making the candles burn brighter around the table. I look up at the shimmering moon feeling its pull on me just as the ocean waves did too. A pair of eyes were observing me, and they were to familiar for me not to know who they belonged too. I look at Traisen across the table that felt a mile long away from him. His eyes were gleaming with fire and a small smile spread on his face. He reached his arm out to me and I didn't hesitate for one second before getting up from my chair, and making my way to him. The black lace dress swept the sand behind me with every step I took. As the space neared between us the more shaky my hands got, the more rapid my breathing picked up, as did my heart.

My hand reached his warm one as he tugged me down to his lap. A smile escaped my lips at his playfulness. I reach up to his face sweeping his charcoal hair back, and revealing those mesmerizing eyes that burned for me. A thrilling sensation soared into my body as our eyes locked with one another. I could see his mere sole and feel it. The center of his core is bright like that of a Nebula. Memories flashed in my mind like photographs of me, him, and us. Everything felt like an echo from the past, or a dream that I was only just now remembering.