Strategy

Vincent was actually not half bad. He was sweet, funny and had the warmest brown eyes I have ever seen. We sat in his room for quite some time discussing different routes he could take me. Although the plan will take couple weeks to make. I dreaded staying here another day against my will, but maybe having the company if Vincent will make my days passable.

Vincent sat there listening to my ramblings of everything that happened to me the last couple days. He was a good listener, never once interrupting me or even breaking eye contact for that matter. He showed interest by nodding his head trying to make understanding of my words even though some came out jibberish. My big mouth wouldn't shut up, usually I'm shy but with him I felt comfortable like we have known each other for a long time.

I could barely utter words as tears streamed down my face. They weren't just sad tears. I was happy that someone was actually listening to me for once. Vincent was at my side once more rubbing my shoulder.

"Shhhhh... Easy tiger." I burst out laughing at his pet name for me. My head rolled back making a high pitch squeal escape my lips as he decided to tickle me.

"Stop. St-oooop. I'm gonna pee." I shout in between outbursts of laughter. He didn't think I was serious as he continued on. I felt warmth trail down my legs. My face flushed radish red and I stared at my feet, hoping Vincent wouldn't notice. I froze. I could feel the heat rising into my cheeks, did I really just do that? Mortified, I bowed my head so he couldn't see my face, which was turning tomato red.

My cheeks were burning, I wouldn't be surprised if they caught fire! I turned hastily and ran off, feeling the mortification follow me. I hid in his bathroom but what I really wanted was to crawl into a hole and not come out until the groundhogs did, so that I be sure the attention wasn't focused on me again.

The sudden hollow echo of knuckles rapping on the door brought me out of my thoughts. What do I do? What do I do? I paced back and forth in my wet pants that were beginning to give a stinging rub between my thighs.

"Open up tiger. I got you some shorts." I stared at the door blankly unsure of my next move. I wrinkled my nose at the stench that was coming from below. Even though I had much pride I decided to stop being a pansy and open the door. It's not like it was my fault anyways... I warned him of my dirty deed.

The rusty hinges of the old door squealed like fingernails on a dusty chalkboard. I only peeked out with one eyeball that traveled passed his face and unto his hand which held the soft fabric of shorts. I stretched my hand between the crack for them but he brought his hand farther away so I wasn't able to reach. It was as if he was playing cat-mouse game with me.

"Not so fast tigerrrrrr." He rolled the 'r' at end. "First you have too come out." I give him the I'm going to kill you look. It didn't phase him one bit. He grinned at me cocking his head to the side. I was about to slam the door in his face before he barged in through it with one swift push of his hand.

He now stood inches away from my face fanning me with his hot breath. "Where are you going kitten?" He bends his face lower to be at the same eye level as me. I didn't dare look him straight in the eye. I was to flushed with embarrassment. I hid behind the few strands of hair that escaped behind my ear. Vincent reached up brushing it back.

"Don't be embarrassed kitten." He brings his thumb to my chin and lifts it up so I would meet his eyes. His touch didn't leave the effect on me like Traisen did. His touch was merely nothing. Just a numb feeling. "It was my fault, forgive me?" He flashes me his pearly whites.

Before I was even aware of his intentions, the proximity between us quickly shortened as he leaned forward and brushed his soft lips to my cheek in a feathery light kiss. I froze with a lump in my throat unsure of what to do.

"You." His voice dripped with hatred, as he looked Vincent in the eye with a stabbing glare. He merely raised an eyebrow, and gave an amused grin of satisfaction, like he could already see him dead before the fight had begun. Traisen took two very confident strides towards Vincent, not wasting energy or breath, and looking as fearless as any, but Vincent remained unfazed. Suddenly bursting with an uncontrollable rage that he tried to calm, Traisen hacked at him with his knuckle relentlessly, I could hear a cracking noise come from Vincent's face as Traisen contacted his fist with his nose.

"Stop." I scream at Traisen but he didn't.

Again and again he attacked him, I could tell Vincent was losing energy, but of course Traisen, godlike in strength never seemed to get tired. Only once did he make a mistake, only once did he miss a moment of perfection. Vincent saw the chance, and lunged at him trying to take him to the ground while he was off balance. Yet in a blindingly fast flash, Traisen ducked to the side sending Vincent stumbling with his own force. He grabbed his hand twisting it back catching him off guard, and in one swift deadly movement he snapped it. The loud piercing crack of the bone made my ear-drum ring sending shivers down my back.

Vincent gasped, not out of the immediate pain, but in surprise. I charged at Traisen with full force hoping to knock him to the ground. I was afraid, afraid he would kill him. Instead I was met with a hard rock body that sent me flying against the wall.

Getting flung like a ragdoll and feeling like I have never felt anything harder hit my back, tears sprung violently against my cheeks as a whimper escaped from my lips at the sudden force.

"La mia vita." I hear Traisen whisper as he darts his way towards me in a flash. It hurt to move. I gain this sense of tunnel vision where I get hot flashes, sweating but not sweating, where my mind almost goes blank because my body is trying to cope with the horrible sense of hopeless fate.

I felt my body lifted by strong firm arms that sent sparks flying. I knew they belonged to Traisen because no one had that effect on my body like he did. I felt his hot breath on my neck as he walked swiftly. My vision was blurred either from my violent tears or maybe I have went blind from my body painfully being thrown across the room unto a wall. Everything was fading, yet getting darker at the same time. I was confused, and breathing harshly... Then everything went black.