Volki

The intensity has washed away. The rest of the world is slowly coming back into focus. Every time he touched me it left an affect on my body. It was as if he shared his strength with me.

My eyelids began to batter, and while slightly cracking open, I was exposed to the sight of blue orbs gazing at me. Tear streaks ran down his chiseled face. His raven hair a mess in every direction; caressing his face. I wanted to reach up and brush his hair back but couldn't find the energy to do so.

"Traisen..." My voice didn't sound like my own. It was dry and hoarse like I needed a sip of water. 

"Shhh...mi amor; you're safe now." He pulls his lips back in a slight smile trying to reassure me. Safe from what I thought? Memories flooded my head with images. Dimitri draining me of blood like a leach to the point where I had slipped away in to nothingness. Tears rolled down my cheeks just thinking about the pain he caused me. Traisen quickly lifts his thumb to my face wiping them away.

"Don't cry mi amor." He lips press against my forehead.

My eyes spin around the room squinting at the sunlight that was peaking from the torn drapes. I was still in the Petrovics castle in Dimitris chambers. The whole room was a disaster with holes in the walls to beaten down furniture. The glass from the windows now kissed the floor in twinkling lights as the sunlight gleamed against it.

Traisen pulled me in closer to his body lifting me up. His arms curled around me like a security blanket. Tight, warm, and comfortable. His bare feet tap away hitting the cold marble floor. He makes his way out the broken down door that had deep claw marks on it.

Beyond the door was a sight to see. I blinked a couple of times making sure I was seeing the presence before me clearly. This was the first time I was exposed to so many Viko-Dlaks. They circled around us like a shield. All were different looking not one the same. They appeared magical, enticing, and very big.

All different shapes and sizes

All different shapes and sizes. Some gleamed bright like stars; some blended in with the forest; others ready for combat; and some appeared dark and mysterious... But one thing for sure they were all alluring and beautiful to look at. There were all so different from one another, all so unique.

They bowed down their heads low till their noses hit against their paws. Showing their respect to Traisen.

"They are bowing to their Luna for you are their most possessed treasure." Traisen corrects me. I look up to see him smiling in approval at his pack.

"What's so special about the Luna?" I state.

"They see you as a mother of all things and most importantly you are the goddess herself." I didn't see myself as one even though they all swear I' am... But than who am I to argue when I'm being treated like royalty; who wouldn't want that.

"They won't lift their heads up until you bow your head back to them." Traisen nods at me to do so.

I do as he says and they one by one raise their faces back up at us. Traisen walks past them with his head up. He walks straight in to the green forest; the Viko-Dlaks didn't leave us out in the open. Some were in the front, some at each side, and others in the back. They give us security from anyone who might try and bring us harm.

"I'm going to put you on my back, hold on tight." Traisen brought me on to his back in a swift motion as if it was a dance. I wrapped my hands around his chest trying to grip as tightly as I possible could.

His bare chest was replaced with red fur that felt like velvet. Fire erupted from him as he fell on all fours. I entangled my fingers through his fur enjoying the warmth that radiated from him. He gleamed even brighter in the daylight basking the forest with light and warmth.

His massive paws shook the ground as he went in to a sprint. The rest of them ran beside him gliding through the woods. Together they all sounded like thunderous army in a battlefield.

Shadows casted over us coming from up above. I lift my head back to take a glance at the intruder but my mouth only fell open at the magnificent sight. Viko-Dlaks with massive outstretched wings circled around us. Their wings were an unreal pastel multicolor and shimmery almost glittered. You could see every detail of the wings, every feather. They would make a ruffling sound like a hummingbird. I could tell they were very strong as with every flap a breeze followed.

The day slowly dimmed. The sun drowned in the horizon, it's rays of light glimmering in the darkness of the clouds. The clouds faded and the pale radius moon peeked at me from the gleaming stars.

Not once have they stopped for a break. The energy they had amazed me as their feet pounded away on the rough plantation.

Traisen kept checking on me every now and than to make sure I was still alive and well. The less distance between us the better I felt. I could fill his energy sip in to me.

Where they were running too? I didn't care so much about that; As long as I was with Traisen anywhere felt safe to me.