16

Lian

"Good morning!" Nathan greeted when Lian got out the room.

"Good morni—wait, what are you doing here?" Lian asked.

He looks at her confusedly. "What do you mean by that?"

"Don't you have any matter to deal with every weekends?" Lian asked.

"I'm always free in weekends!"

"But why aren't you here during weekends?" she asked. "I mean, I never see you in here during weekends."

He fell in silence first before answering. "Y-Yeah, I had matter to d-deal with during the last weekends, but I finished them all last week so I'm free now and the next weekends."

Lian raised her right eyebrow as he awkwardly laugh. "You're lying."

"I'm not, I just finished all it now. Why are you even asking anyway?

"After I got a fever, I wanted to thanked you but you weren't home, even weekends." Lian said. "When you started to live here, you always left this dorm early and then get back at a very late hour, both Saturdays and Sundays."

Nathan smirked. "Oh, you're observing me now, huh?"

Lian looked at him in shocked as she felt her blood running to her cheeks. "What!? No! No! I was just—arrgghh! Never mind, just drop the topic."

Nathan chuckled as Lian tried her best to not show him her blushing face.

"Are your free today?" Nathan asked.

Lian shook her head. "Nope, I'm going to—"

"Wqatch romantic movies again, aren't you?" Lian nodded her head. Nathan sighed in defeat. "You do know it's more effective if you're the one who's going to do things you see in the movies than watch it right?"

Lian rolled her eyes. "I know that, but no way I'm going to do that alone and in public, I'll look stupid."

"That's why I'm here, am I?"

"What?"

"I'll help you understand what you want to understand." Nathan stated making her surprise.

"But...w-why?"

"I feel like...I need to...help you......and be—that's all."

Lian raised her right eyebrow. As much as she want to experience all the romantic scenes she watched in every movie, choosing the right man to do it with is hard, as she watched man (like him—hard to deny) take advantage to all innocent and pure girls. Remembering the fact that he has an ex-girlfriend he once dearly loved and maybe now, he still loves her, just like what she most read in love stories, he could use her as what the other's call 'rebound', he can just use her to get his ex-girlfriend back to his arms. The rate that she'll get hurt is high, but will she learn anything if she doesn't get hurt? Pain is the best way to learn, and love is all about joy and pain, so basically if she isn't ready to suffer in pain, then she can't claimed true love.

"It's worth a try."

She sighed and look at him. "Okay, I'm free today, why did you asked?"

Nathan smirked. "I know a good place to spend the weekend, do you wanna come with me?"

"You mean like a date?"

"Call it whatever you want. So are you coming?"

"Yes, I'm getting bored in watching movies anyway."

"That's good then. Here, I cooked us breakfast, eat now and take a bath, we'll leave after that." he said and made his way back to his room.

Lian was about to asked something when he closed his room.