Nightmares and Sick Days

Day 2/5

Zak woke up, coughing like crazy, and he felt horrible.
Oh no, dangit!
Zak tried to sit up, but failed miserably, almost falling out of bed.
A headache pounded throughout him, and everything hurt. This wasn't good.
He decided to just go back to bed, forgetting about the coffee shop.

Darryl was sitting at the coffee shop, waiting for his new friend to come in the doors, but he never did. He usually came by now...
Maybe I should text him?
Oh well, I'll try

Pretty Stranger: "Hey, were you going to the coffee shop today?"

Darryl waited for a reply
And waited
And... well, waited.
But then he felt a buzz from his phone.

Zak woke up from some buzzing, only to find out this"pretty stranger" texted him.
Hoodie Bro: "sorry, I'm not going to make it today."
Pretty Stranger: "Why? Are you ok?"
Hoodie Bro: "Im sick right now, im sorry"
Pretty Stranger: "No need to apologize! I hope you get better!💕"
Hoodie Bro: "ThankYou, I think I'll get some sleep now, as I am quite worn"
Pretty Stranger: " Alright! Feel better and ttyl ♥️"
Hoodie Bro: "thanks ♥️"

It was true, Zak was really worn, so why not try and get some sleep in.

Darryl showed up at his door, sneering.
"Skeppy. You briefed my server again." He hissed angrily
Skeppy backed away from the door, shaking. Darryl looked so angry, he was so tall and you could tell he was fuming.
Crap.
Darryl stepped into the house, going straight for Zak.
"I'm sorry! I'll fix it!"
"THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU'LL GRIEF ME AGAIN!"
"ILL STOP! I PROMISE!"
"YOU ALWAYS SAY THAT!"
Darryl cornered Zak, shoving him into the wall. Tears pricked Zak's eyes, he couldn't believe what he was hearing. Then, he saw Darryl's fist coming right towards him. He closed his eyes, waiting for impact... but it never came.
Once he opened his eyes again, he wasn't with Darryl. He was in a cave, torch in hand, nothing in sight.
He walked through a seemingly endless cave. Nothing much to be seen, he just wanted out. Until, he saw a body laying down in the center of the cave. It was shivering.
He ran so fast, so carefully. And then he saw who it was. His mom.
"Mom!! Are you okay?!"
She lifted her head weakly, and everything seemed a bit colder.
"Leave. You're no son of mine."
His heart dropped. What has he done?!
"M-mom?"
Her body stopped shivering and her head fell to the floor.
No..
Mom....
He cried so hard... it felt like he was falling...

Zak woke up with a big gasp and tears running down his face. His eyes quickly widened, running towards the bathroom and throwing up in the toilet.
Tears kept streaming down his face, no sign of stopping. He felt gross, and rinsed his mouth. He did not like this one bit.

He wanted to see Darryl, he needed to. But if he heard he was sick...
He would just burden him. He can take care of himself! How bad can it be?

——

Sorry it's so short!!! And sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've been busy with a new school, I'll try and post more! I hope you enjoyed, bye and see you soon!