Sick

Betty's POV
30 minutes. 30 minutes!!! Jughead and I were supposed to go on a date 30 minutes ago! He said he would pick me up, and then we would go to Pop's for a nice, relaxing dinner, but his motorcycle was no where in sight. I sighed heavily, and pulled out my phone to try and call him again. The phone rang for about a minute before sending me to voicemail. I huffed in annoyance, and decided to just go to his trailer to see what was going on.

Jughead's POV
My head was pounding, my stomach was turning, and my whole body ached. I was supposed to be picking up Betty for a date, but I just don't have the energy to. My whole body shook with chills as i pulled the covers up to my chin. I feel so bad, but I don't want to go out and get Betty sick, or not be a good date because of it. I flipped the tv off and shut my eyes while turning over on the couch. As i was drifting off to sleep i heard 3 loud bangs come from my front door. I know exactly who it is.

Betty's POV
I walked up the steps to his trailer and banged on his door. I could hear shuffling on the other side indicating that Jughead was indeed home. That made my anger go up a couple more notches, but it quickly disappeared when the door slowly opened to reveal a pale, sweaty Jughead. My face softened as I looked over his face, to see droplets of sweat dripping from his forehead.
"Hi Betty" he croaked out. I walked up and enveloped him in my arms.
"Hi juggie" I whispered back. I pulled back from the hug and touched the back of my hand to his forehead.
"Jug! you're burning up! C'mom let's get you settled in bed" I said while leading him towards the couch.

Narrator's POV
For the rest of the night, Betty tended to all of Jughead's needs. While they were laying down on the couch, with Jughead's head in Betty's lap whilst she rubbed his back, he said
"I'm sorry that I didn't tell you i was sick. I'm also sorry that i ruined our date"
She softly smiled at him, and looked into his deep, blue eyes.
"It's okay Jug, I wouldn't take this back for anything. I love you" she replied. He grinned and said,
"I love you more."