Charlie looked at her. "I'll make sure that doesn't need to be necessary." He made his way  towards the stairs and stopped mid-step and looked back at us. "I'll come up with something. Don't you two worry. Just go out and live normally like before."

The room was silent then. Tera and I sat still on the sofa, neither of us speaking a word. Tera was calm, and my breathing had steadied from the anxiety I had from sitting so close to an upset werewolf.

We sat there for a good few minutes and I finally found my voice again. "Maybe he's right. We should live normally like before."

Tera turned to look at me. "Yeah, about that. We-"

"Let's go somewhere." I suggested. "We could invite the guys to come meet us somewhere."

"That sounds actually like a good idea. Let's-"

"Let's go out and eat. Or over to have a bonfire at Terry's. Maybe he won't be as drunk."

"James, you do know that-"

"Oh wait, I got it. We could-"

"Will you shut the hell up for a sec?" She burst out.

I froze for a second at the outburst and quickly regained my attention. "Sorry. What were you saying?" Man, I'm gonna push her to the point where she tears ME apart one day with the way I'm acting.

She sighed in frustration. "We can't go out tonight."

"Why not? Wait, you're right. That guy could be lurking around and waiting for you to make a move." I nodded. "Good thinking. Maybe-"

"That's not the problem." She stopped me, shaking her head in annoyance. "I was thinking we could invite the guys here to study for that major test we have in Mr. Cassidy's class tomorrow."

My heart felt like it stopped. "...Test?" I repeated.

"Your memory is the size of a fly." She said, rubbing the top of my head. "You're lucky you're mine." I felt like a dog from being petted like this.

.........

"Ughh, what the hell is a hemotoxic venom again?" Sage asked in frustration, spreading his body out sideways in his chair. "Can't we just call in sick tomorrow and skip the test?"

Kai, who was in the wooden rocking chair with his notebook in his hand, exhaled. "Maybe if you weren't always strumming your guitar and procrastinating like you always do, you would know."

I had my chin on my hand while my notebook was open on the coffee table in front of me. "Hemotoxic venom attacks the heart and vascular system, Sage." I told him.

Tera looked down at the floor. "You okay, Terry?"

Terry was laying stretched out the floor with his notebook open, covering his face. He let out a snore.

Kai kicked his foot into Terry's side and Terry quickly sat up. "What time is it? Where am I?" He asked, absent minded.

"You're in Hell. Welcome." Kai told him sarcastically.

Terry looked up at him. "Oh, Kai. You're here too? Well, I kinda expected it considering you're a witch."

I rolled my eyes and smiled. "Guys it's getting pretty late. Maybe we should head out and get some sleep."

Sage stood up and stretched. "Good idea. Can't pass a test without enough sleep."

Kai stood up too. "Not like you're gonna pass anyway, even with a full night's sleep."

Terry got to his feet and headed towards the door. "You guys ready?" He asked. Kai and Sage nodded and they headed out.

I got up as well and headed for the door. Tera followed me and stood in the doorway while I stood on the porch.

"You gonna get enough sleep tonight?" I asked. I was worried that by that Kurt guy being here that she would lose a night's sleep or two. I didn't want her too exhausted.

She nodded. "He wouldn't try anything in the open like this. If anything, he'd ask me to meet him somewhere more private and less remote."

I nodded and felt a little uneasy. If she did meet with him, what would happen? Would he talk her into going back? Or would he talk her into actually trying their luck in children?

She saw the look in my eyes and immediately knew what I was thinking. She grabbed my hand and squeezed it gently. "It won't happen. He won't get me to do anything I don't want to do now." She put my hand on her cheek. "I promise."

.........

Hey guys. Short chapter, I know. But I wanted to make a little thing at the end to help fill in the rest of the spot.

I started this chapter a few days ago and was going to make a little post about finally reaching 100 reads of the story, but you guys literally blew it up to 130 in just a few short days after!

Thank you guys so much for the interest! I have been writing this story for a while now, and it just recently started getting noticed by you cuties. I know I'm not the best writer in the world. Heck I could be the worst! But your support is what makes a writer good at what they do, so thank you!

See you guys in the next chapter! 🖤