t w e l v e

Mrs Lelaney gave him a judgemental glare. He could practically see the homophobic thoughts that were going through her mind as he leaned back on the chair.

Mrs Lelaney cleared her throat. "I'd like to discuss putting you on certain medication today." She said calmly, pulling an orange pill bottle out from one of her desk drawers.

"This one here seems to be working very well for a lot of our other male patients when it comes to alleviating certain......homosexual urges." She slide it over to him.

Draco was in shock. He didn't know what to say as he examined the little white pills inside the bottle. Was this the solution to all his problems? Would this really cure the disease inside his mind?

She began writing a few notes down on a scrap piece of paper. "I think we should start you out on a low dose of them, just to see how you react. A few patients have reported negative symptoms with this medication, but there's a few others we could try if that happens."

Draco simply nodded.

"I'll just send the bill to your father, do you reckon that'd be alright?" She asked.

"Yes." Draco said immediately. "Money isn't a problem with my family."

Draco grabbed the pill bottle. "How often do I take them?" She continued scribbling things down on a notepad.

"Once with every meal." She reported. "Might as well take one now, before we go down for breakfast."

Draco opened the pill bottle and swallowed one dry. It hurt to think about how these were supposed to cure him. It hurt to think about what Harry was doing at the moment, about whether or not the boy who lived was daydreaming about him. But Draco knew that their friendship was over, all because he broke Harry's poor aching heart. He'd torn the boy apart without meaning to.

He looked up at Mrs. Lelaney. "Are you sure this will work?" Draco asked, curiously staring at the unlabelled bottle. It's lack of label concerned him, but he didn't think too much about it.

Mrs. Lelaney nodded. "Of course I'm sure." She almost laughed. "Otherwise we wouldn't be giving them to you." But she was lying through her teeth, just like she'd been lying to every past patient they'd had for years.

Draco shrugged. "If you say so." But he still wondered whether or not they really worked. Nothing had worked in the past. Nothing had ever cured him of this no matter how hard he tried.

But maybe this was his way out.