CHAPTER 13

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." Harley read from the poster board on the wall of her bedroom as she rest comfortably across Trevor's lap. He smiled as he combed his fingers through her straighten bob. He loved the fact that she was so into quotes. Harley was simply amazing and Trevor was lucky to have found her. He truly believed she was made for him. So he did something he never done.

"I love you Harley." He confess looking adoringly at the side of her face. Harley jerked her face at him, as she gazed at him with her mouth slightly ajar. Her eyes widen as she looked at Trevor stunned.

"I know we've just gotten back together not too long ago but baby I've never been more sure about my feelings for you. I love you Harley and you don't have to say it back if you're not ready. I'm willing to wait, we have time." Trevor leans down and place a soft kiss on Harley's lip as both of their eyes shut. Harley didn't know what to say. She knew for sure she had feelings for Trevor but she didn't want to rush into the love stage just yet. Mason had messed her head up a little and she wanted to get things right this time around.

"Okay." She opened her eyes and smiled at him. He returned the smile.

"How about I cook us dinner tonight? You go home freshened up and meet back here in your best attire." Harley hops off his lap and her bed. She stands before him only in a t-shirt and cotton underwear.

"Alright I can do that momma." He responds making her blush.

"Then it's settled. I'll see you tonight now get out of here and let me figure out what we're eating babes." She pushes him to the door of her bedroom as he stands.

Trevor giggles. "Damn I'm going woman."
Trevor wraps his arm around her waist and lay a juicy kiss on her lips before winking at Harley and exiting her bedroom. Not long after Harley hears her front door shut and she finally exhales.

"Oh my god. He loves me. Like he really loves me. What if this goes wrong this time around? What if we're not right for each other? He's such a great guy and I don't want to break his heart with all my drama and with Mason still trying to get in the picture." Harley stresses as she runs her fingers through her bob in doubt.

"Alright Har get it together girl. You have a man that loves you, practically worships the ground you walk on and here you are tripping. Make this man some damn food." She scold herself. Harley walked out of her bedroom and into her kitchen in search of what she should make Trevor. Harley wasn't a Chef but she could throw down in the kitchen. She went over to her Alexa on the kitchen counter and requested her to play 90s R&b for her. Seconds later sweet sounds of Usher Bedtime fills the kitchen. Harley begin humming to the tune and searching her freezer for some meat to cook. After she realized it would take her ages to defrost the meat, she decided she would need to go to the grocery store instead. She left Alexa playing and made her way to the bathroom to take a shower and head to Publix.

********
Harley decided on Steak, garlic baked potatoes, asparagus and blueberry muffins for tonight's dinner. She picked up the items and grabbed a bottle of Stella Rose. She had two hours to whip up this meal. She text Trevor, giving him instructions to be there by 8:30 and he agreed. She was back home playing Rap and starting the dinner.

"I know you're not no good for me but you look so good to me. I don't want another broken heart or sleepless night. God please guide me right. Looks like the girllllll of my dreeeeeams." Harley sang her heart out while cooking. She hadn't talked to Vanessa in a couple of days and made a mental note to check on her tomorrow. Maybe grab some lunch and catch up.
She was interrupted by her cellphone ringing. She put a top over her steak and walked in her bedroom to answer her phone.
Her caller ID read Marissa, in other words her mother. Harley smiled as she swiped to answer.

"Hey baby!" Harley smiles. Marissa laughs

"Hey baby girl. How you doing? You didn't call me this week. So I thought I'd check up on you. " Marissa says on the other line.

"I know momma, it's been a busy week. I've signed some new authors and have been staying at work a little late this week. How are you? You good?" What Harley said was partially true but she couldn't tell her mother that Mason had come back into her life. Marissa could not stand the ground Mason walked on and she didn't want to hear any of it. She was just trying to move forward.

"Too busy to shoot your mother a text saying you love her and that you're breathing? Hmm i see how it is." Marissa responds. Harley rolls her eyes and shakes her head.

"Momma you so dramatic but I'm okay. I'll shoot a text if anything. Which reminds me did Russel show you like I asked him?" Russel is Harley's cousin, who always comes by Marissa place to check on her. She's his favorite aunt and he has no problem voicing it.

"Yes he did, so I better not hear any excuses Harley Martin."

"Okay mommaaaa." Harley dragged with a giggle. Marissa and Harley wasn't always close but with age came wisdom for them. Marissa was pretty strict on Harley in her childhood all the way up until eleventh grade. One day Marissa pushed Harley too far and she cracked. Marissa had pushed Harley to be a star student and daughter to the point Harley didn't know who she was. She stood up to Marissa, telling her exactly how she felt. Harley felt closed in, like she couldn't breathe without her mother breathing down her neck. She needed space to find herself. And thankfully after a much needed talk, well several, Marissa understood.
They talked for about ten more minutes catching up before the timer went off for Harley's Steak. They said their goodbyes and love yous. Harley was running behind a little. She put the asparagus and garlic potatoes in the oven. Putting them on twentie minutes and 300 degrees, she hurried to go take a shower and put on some clothes.

Harley gazed at herself in the mirror position behind her bedroom door. She smoothed over her dark green and silk dress as she smiled. She wore her yellow strappy heels and yellow and gold watch. She'd already turned off the food seeing everything was made to perfection in her opinion. She gave herself one last look and exited her bedroom and to set up the table.
(Don't mind the food in the picture. Imagine it being the meal she cooked tonight.)

When she placed the last touches on her table, the doorbell rung

When she placed the last touches on her table, the doorbell rung. She sighed, taking a deep breath and sashayed to the door with a small smile on her face.
The moment she saw the male specimen at the door, her smile disappeared.

"What are you doing here?"