Chapter Three

❤️I'll Pretend if I Have To❤️

Harley stood there in total disbelief. She couldn't believe the course of events that had played out in the front of her. How could somebody she haven't seen or spoken to in two years corrupt her way of thinking?

"Was he right do I still love him?" Was the only question she could ask herself.

She sat on the edge of her desk with several different emotions. Anger, pain, and most of all confusion. She knew that she couldn't let him affect her especially after she said she wanted absolutely nothing to do with him. Was that what she really wanted or was that a lie she was feeding herself? Her mind and heart was at odds and she didn't know what to do or even how to feel. Deep in thought, she hadn't realize her phone was vibrating. She was a little hesitant to look at the phone until she rambled through her purse and seen her best friend Vanessa name pop up regarding a text.

Second fav spot in twenty. I need an ear.

Harley eyebrows knitted in confusion but she straighten the clutter on top of her dress with out question after sending a quick reply.

Vanessa and Harley went back years before they made a name for themselves. Harley was a couple years older than Vanessa, so Vanessa always looked up to Harley. Even though they always had that go getter mentality they were as different as night and day. Harley was always laid back and and a realist. Vanessa on the other hand was goofy and very optimistic. These two friends were more like sisters and the bond they shared couldn't be inseparable. Until one day they had a big disagreement which resulted to them not talking for two years.

But all the craziness that had been occurring in Harley life through the year, she was grateful for Vanessa.

Har was glad that she didn't have to go through this alone because all she needed was a listening ear and a reassuring hug. Mason had entirely ruined her chipper mood and she had a feeling Vanessa could relate. The only problem is Vanessa didn't have a clue about Mason and Harley's history. Their history was during the time Harley and Vanessa split.

She didn't know where to begin if she was to open that door and spill all the bullshit she went through with Mason. Harley fought hard  to withhold her "take no shit" attitude for everyone including her best friend. She had been riding Vanessa back her entire relationship with Siya, scolding her for being a fool when no too long ago, she had been Vanessa. Harley huffed and took a deep breath to gather herself together. Thinking of Mason and her past almost brought her to tears but she didn't dare let them to fall from her eyes.

She grabbed her paper work and slid them into her desk, slid back on her 5 inch pumps and grabbed her tote proceeding out the door. This was odd for Harley assistant who never seen her leave work early but she knew the way she marched pass her, she wasn't in the mood to be questioned.