Chapter Four

Harley had been sulking for the past five days and had been on quite of an emotional roller coaster. It seems after she parted ways with Vanessa all she could think of is Mason Hale.

Due to Fall approaching, the sun was shining rather brightly in the sky as the wind blew gently across Harley's bare neck.

She laid in the beach chair aside her pool in the backyard of her three bedroom, two-story home. Shades hid her dark brown eyes as she gazed at the sun with a wide smile dancing on her lips. She began reminiscing of the good times she and Mason shared. She met the handsome and rugged Mason by chance and the hold he slowly gained on her was unexpected. Harley never in a hundred years thought she'd ever find love or love someone as deeply as she had Mason. He wasn't her type not one bit. He had a smart mouth, unusual style and a weird way of seeing the world.

But if Harley was being completely honest, all those things pulled her in like a moth to a flame. Mason had showed her things she never saw before and made her feel things she hadn't before. She wasn't sure if it was possible. Harley reminisced on nights she laid in bed and watched Mason sleep. It was those times she realize how in love she was. Mason was an all natural goof ball. He laughed and charmed his way into her heart. During the time they met, Harley was a virgin.

Harley had made the choice to give something she held so special to Mason without question. Mason was honored and made that night one of the best ones of her life.

Mason had made some foolish decisions, but none took away of the feelings he had for Harley. She was his first love and since she left him, he hadn't find one soul in the world who made him feel anywhere near the way she had. Mason love Harley deeply and wanted nothing more than to stay with her for a lifetime. But when you start making big moves and becoming flashy, it draws unnecessary attention. Not only from haters and police but from women who loved power, money and most of all men who holds both. The women started to pour in left and right, creating chaos. Mason started to feel himself putting a shortage in the trust the two shared. After a while he began entertaining the women. Arguments began occurring and words were spewed. Mason had been holding out on the power he held but eventually gave into temptation. After there was no going back and things spiraled more and more out of control.

Harley was pulled from her thoughts from the ringing of her phone. She rolled over onto her side and grabbed her phone from on top of her small wooden table. She sighed after looking at the caller ID but answered none the less.

"Hey baby."  Harley cooed into the phone as she tried sounding happy. She had been drifting from Trevor and she knew he was getting suspicious which meant sooner or later, he'd want answers. Answers she didn't know how to give him without creating problems inside their once happy relationship. That damn Mason! She internally screamed.

"What's up baby? You're good?" Trevor asked concerned. Trevor knew something was wrong. Since making things official with Harley she hadn't pulled away not once from him. But as of a couple of days ago, the Harley he knew was  slowly slipping from his grip.

"Yeah babe I'm fine. I've been pulling away from you these past couple of days because of personal issues I rather not speak on. I'm sorry though. I shouldn't have taken things out on you." Harley apologized hoping to put things behind them or more like Mason. She didn't want to lose a good man because she was stupidly still harboring feelings for an old flame.

"You know you can talk to me about anything. I'm here but I understand. But look I haven't seen my beautiful girlfriend in over two days." Trevor said causing Harley to blush. "I was thinking I can come through and pick you up, bring you to my place and we have a movie night. What do you think?" Trevor asked as Harley chewed on her bottom lip blushing like a fool. These was the reasons Trevor had captured her attention. It was things like this that gave her a friendly reminder on why she should keep him around and leave Mason into the past. In fact he was honestly history.