Chapter 31

I woke up and sighed. I got out of bed to notice something in my room. That's weird. It was a box on my desk. I went by it and opened it.

I saw a note and picked it up to open it. "Get ready."

What's that supposed to mean? I looked in the box and saw a little message.

"You ruined the lives of all and I'll ruin yours before you ruin mine."I stare at the box confused and got out to see a maid.

"Mrs.Rachel. Tell the guards to keep on watch tonight. Don't tell any other person."I said and she nodded walking quickly.

I closed the door and put the box in my closet. I went to go do my routine and then out of my room. Still in my pajamas, because I don't have much time.

I ruffle my hair and see my mother staring at me then at my hair. "Your hair has gotten longer, do you have time to cut it?"

"No, that bastard left me with all his work. I think I'll be in the office for hours."She nods putting a toast in my mouth.

"Don't worry yourself too much dear. You know how ill you are."I nodded and went to take the toast out of my mouth.

"I'm going to go to the office,"I said and went to the office upstairs which was a long way to go.

I looked to see the room a mess and I opened the door to see no one around. No one came into this room. It was clean before I left last night after the party.

"Your majesty, did you need something?"I heard one of the knights and I sighed.

"Did anyone come into my office last night?"I asked and he shook his head.

"Not at all sir, you were the last person out of this office last night."I nodded and pointed at the room.

"Someone broke into this room last night, would you mind helping me clean this up,"I asked and he nodded.

We walked in and started picking up the papers then putting them on the table after a pile. "Your majesty, who could've done this?"

"I don't know but Axton might figure it out,"I said and he nods.

"Thank you, Sir Taylor,"I said and he nods smiling and I go fix them in place.

"Tell Sir Bert to call his knights to go check around the neighborhood and the castle In case of an intruder. Someone who's unfamiliar."He nods and bows then leaves.

"Your majesty, Prince Dwight and Prince Evans are by the door."I turned and nodded as Nancy smiled.

"Bring them into the office please,"I said and she bowed leaving.

I looked at the pile I need to work on and put them in a different table for Butler John to get here. To help me exactly, this stuff is just hard to explain.

"Hello, Elijah."I hum and pick up letters from the floor.

"Hello boys, just give me a moment. Someone broke into my office last night."I said getting up to look at them.

"Both Of you can just come and close the door. Sit and you could talk. I'll be listening."I told them and they nodded.

"About last night,"Evans said and I raised my eyebrow.

"There was something going on between you and the boys."I looked at them and Dwight gulped.

"They might have liked you. Not as an inspiration but love interest."I coughed and my eyes widen.

"Wait...there are gays here too?"I asked and Evans's eyes widen.

"No, I'm not gay I'm just asking. I thought those things don't happen around here. Don't people get slaughtered by the church or something?"I asked and he nodded.

"Yes."

"Some do run away and live alone. If they are found they are dead, if not. They live as how long they can."I nodded as Evans stared at his brother.

"Well is there anything else? There must be something in both of your heads."I said and Dwight sighed.

"The other men went back to their place. However, your father has been running around our villages."I rolled my eyes and put the letters on the table.

"That guy really doesn't know how to quit does he?"I sighed looking at them.

"Well, I will deal with him later. I have to meet the Emperor later."I looked at a letter and hand it to Dwight.

"This is your green seal isn't it?"I asked and he nods taking it.

"Must've gotten mixed up with the other letters,"I said and Evans grabbed my wrist.

"Is there something you want to tell us? Maybe something you didn't tell us but Salvador? You seemed to have a long conversation with him last night."I sighed and moved my wrist out of his grip.

"Your right,"I said sitting down on the chair looking at them in worry.

"I know you all have heard about the drama with King Winston's death and Prince Unchers becoming king,"I said and they nod.

"Yes, after the war between the two kings."

"My father killed a few of their men, we did have a war but I told Prince Unchers to retreat and accept defeat so he and his country can no longer be bothered,"I said and Dwight's eyes widen.

"But in the end, they created a war. Which they even lost. That bastard killed his father and now he's up for another one or something. I know he's got something up his sleeve."I explained and Evans raised an eyebrow.

"So you think he came I into the office to find something. You said there was a mess, wasn't it?"I stare at him with my eyes widen.

"That may be right, but let's not say anything without proof,"I said and they nod.

"We will send some troops and be sure to not go outside without any knights."I nod as they stood up.

"It was nice seeing you, if you need any help. We will help as much as possible. Your family to us remember that."I fake smiled and they walked away.

I got up to go meet Axton and playfully punch his shoulder. "Let's go."

"Where?"He asked me and I smirked at him.

"The Emperor palace. Simple."I said and he sighed walking behind me.

"Please close the office. I don't want it to get messy again."I said to Sir bert and he nods smiling.

We got out of the palace and I saw the carriage come by. I went inside and so did he. I sat and waited until we got there.