Cedric

My dad always with some bullshit. Once I explained what was going on with Mercedes he calmed down and agreed that she can stay. But only if I made a deal with him, which was to help him take down this fucking New Orleans kingpin. Matter fact, the king pin is the nigga who owns that strip club we was at. That's why his ass invited me out "BiRtHdAy sUrPRisE" my ass.

I walked into the living room not seeing Mercedes. My dad walked behind me heading to the kitchen "Aye dad.. where's Mercedes"

"Nigga I was in the room with you how am I supposed to know" he spoke his regular English, with a bit of an accent. He only let his Jamaican accent out when he's frustrated. "Get your brother and tell him I need to have a meeting with him now. I'm sure his ass in that studio. Y'all boys worry about the wrong things. I'm trying to make y'all Mafia Kings. All this could be yours but y'all would rather—"

"Wait.. what? Chris is here!?" I semi-yelled

I ran down the hall to the studio. This nigga is always trying to take my women. If he lay a finger on Mercedes I'm whooping his ass on sight!

Chris was my older brother by 4 years and there wasn't a moment he let me forget that shit. We didn't get along at all. The nigga head is so far up his ass. He think every woman wants him and every man wants to be him. But I'll be damn if I bow at his pretty boy ass. I'm grown now, we could go toe for toe every day if it come down to it.

I open the door to the studio and catch him mid-drift attempting to kiss Mercedes. But not before I land a punch at his jaw. Mercedes jumped back covering her mouth. "You alright?" I ask her.

As I looked up Chris tackled me to the floor "bitch!" He yell then landed a punch .

We went toe to toe for a while. Both connecting punches and tussling.

"Git ya asses up!! NOW!!!" My father yelled

Chris rolled off from on top of me. I stood up and felt the pain from the licks Chris passed.. I felt a sting from lip and wiped away blood. I looked at Chris noticing I had tagged his ass and smiled. His bitch ass needed it.

"Wha' da fawk y'all fight in' fa huh?!" My dad asked then looked over at Mercedes like he was sick of her already.

"YOU!" He yelled "you only been here for an hour and already fucking up my empire!"

"DAD!" Chris yelled "it's not her fault.. iight" he stared at Mercedes giving her some lustful eyes.

I stared at this nigga ready to punch his ass again. Before I could react Mercedes ran out to the guest room slamming the door.

I looked towards my dad "man why would you do that. I told you what she's been through."

"Couldn't have been too bad. She's in here flirting with your brother and shit. I bet if they would've talked any longer they would've fucked. Son you gone learn! Stop letting these hoes come between y'all, y'all brothers!" He shook his head. "One more thing from that girl and she's gone! And I'm not bullshitting Cedric!" And with that he walked off.

I looked at my brother "bitch ass nigga"

"Fuck you nigga. She wanted me."

I walked off before we I beat his ass. I knocked on Mercedes door. She didn't answer so I slowly opened it.

"Cedes?"

I looked at her laying under the covers, crying.

I walked over and climbed in bed with her getting under the covers. "Look.. I'm sorry for my dad we've just been through a lot so he's very concerned with who we bring around."

She still didn't say anything. So we sat in silence.

"I'm sorry" she spoke up "I wasn't trying to start anything with you and your brother.."

"Na, you didn't do anything. We just don't get along.. he's always been jealous of me and wanting everything I have. We would've fought with you being here tonight or without." I took a deep breath "Don't apologize for that hoe ass nigga"

She giggled. I looked over and smiled. "Keep that smile.. that's all I want to see from you"

She blushed then her face straightened.
"They killed my mother" she looked down..

"What?"

"I was screaming for her to help me. He said that she wouldn't hear me" She sniffled "she wasn't a great mother.. but she was my only mother and I didn't even check on her."

I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her forehead "it's okay. I promise I got you. We getting that apartment and we gone make a better life for ourselves on our own.. and I'll have one of my boys check the house to see if she's okay.." she cried softly "ok?" I ask

"Okay.." She sniffled "thank you"

"I told you I'll take care of you.. I meant that shit.. let me take care of you Cedes." I kissed her forehead as she fell asleep in my arms. I slowly fell asleep along with her...

Damn.. what a night.