Bucky nodded. "Yes. He's just somewhere outside. Make yourself at home and I'll go find him for you."

"Thank you."

The two of them walked inside of the boys home, taking a seat beside one another on the couch as Bucky slipped on a random pair of shoes and headed outside.

Hearing distant yells coming from the open doors of the stable, Bucky walked inside to find his father and two other workers trying to place a halter on the wild stallion, but were failing miserably as he started to bite at them.

"Hey dad?" Bucky called, keeping his distance to try and not spook the horse anymore than it already was. "There's some people here waiting to talk to you."

Tony turned to look over at his son, relief washing over his features at the sight of Bucky standing, half asleep with no dry tear stains on his cheeks. "Hey, Buck. Could you please just tell them I'm busy and will have to come round another time?"

"I can't."

"Why not?"

Bucky gulped down the lump in his throat. "Its Social services and they said it was important.. are they gonna take me away from you?! Don't let them!" He cried.

Tony's eyes widened and he took long strides over to Bucky, cupping his face in his large hands before saying, "they aren't going to take you away, I promise I won't let them."

"I- Okay.."

He pressed a kiss to the crown of Bucky's head, rubbing his shoulder gently before leading him up to the house.

"Buck?" He asked, grabbing ahold of his boots. "This May take awhile and I think it's best if you take Scout for a ride to the river? Clear your head. You've been cooped up inside long enough, right?"

Bucky nodded in agreement. "Okay.." and took his boots from his dads hands. "Don't let them take me away.. okay?"

"I won't. I promise. Now go get some fresh air, soldier. Everything will be okay."

Bucky couldn't help but listen to his fathers reassuring voice, slipping his boots on quickly before heading into the stables again to find Thor and Loki on either aid of Scout, ready to assist the younger that they called their nephew.

"Hiya, Buck." Loki said happily, taking ahold of Bucky's hand and leading him over to his horse. "You ready for a ride?"

"Loki." Bucky said, voice flat. "You don't need to baby me. And yes, I am ready."

Loki nodded, mumbling an apology before shuffling behind the shorter and helping him into the saddle, Thor handing him the reins.

"Please be careful." Thor said softly, opening the gate that led to the woods. "Don't need anymore hospital visits."

Bucky gave Thor a small smile at his attempt to lighten the situation before flicking the reins and walking off slowly into the wilderness.

*********

The trek only took half an hour before they were stood before the slow moving river, Bucky gripping tightly at the saddle as he slipped down from the large horse and led him over to a tree stump.