The date and the baby

Lauren's POV:

Ugh what is that piercing noise? It sounds like my cat when she was giving birth last year. Long story.

I guess I have to get up for another day of.... WAIT!! I forgot about me and Keatons date! Oh my god! I'm so stupid!

Stumbling out of bed, I slipped on my slippers and headed downstairs to see my maid laying on the couch, screaming in labor.

I rubbed my eyes, making sure I was seeing this right. She's not due for another 4 months!

"Oh my god! Just keep breathing steadily I'll go start my car!" I said. I looked for my keys and sprinted outside.

I unlocked my car and turned on the engine, then I got my neighbor to help me lead my maid outside. She was screaming the whole way and squeezed my neighbors hand (he is a good friend of ours) causing his face to turn purple!

Once we arrived at the hospital I told the lady at the front desk what was happening.

"Ok thank you, Miss. Palme. We will take her into a room as soon as possible."

"Thank you so much, Mrs. Abbington," I replied.

Oh gosh, why does all this have to happen? Today is gonna be an interesting day. VERY interesting...

•••4 hours later•••

"WAHHHHH!"

Little Delia Grace was born today at 3:12 PM weighing 2 pounds as a premie, 4 months early.

"She is so beautiful"

"If only her father could still be with us to see his gorgeous little girl"

Delia's father died a few days before Ms. Landing found out she was pregnant. He was hit by a drunk driver while he was trying to get home to bring Mrs. Landing a bouquet of flowers for their anniversary.

The doctors could not save him, and it was too late. He died in the arms of Mrs. Landing, and when she found out she was pregnant with his baby three days later, she became very sad and bawled her eyes out for days. She knew that when she gave birth to the baby, she would never let it go.

Now we are sitting here, 5 and a half months later watching Delia get rushed into a room to get hooked up to a bunch of machines. Poor thing, we all have her in our prayers, hoping for the best.

My phone started to buzz and I knew who it was... Keaton.

"Hi umm my maid just gave birth so I can't really talk right now."

"Ok well I'm picking you up from the hospital anyways. I'll be there in an hour. Bye," and then he hung up the phone. What's his deal?

Ms. Landing just woke up, asking where her baby is.

"Shes sleeping right now, they're checking her blood levels and making sure shes okay. Lauren, can I talk to you in the hallway?" Answered the doctor.

"Umm sure, I'll be right back Ms. Landing," I said.

Once were in the hallway, Mrs. Coralanne told me how the baby was actually doing, "Delia isn't doing so well hunny. We're not sure if shes gonna make it. Four months early is very crucial and not safe at all."

"NO! This can't be happening. That baby is all my dear maid has left and you guys have to save her! Delia is the only blood family Ms. Landing has left!!!" I screamed in protest.

"It's not my fault Miss. Palme! Why do you care so much? Rich people like you are snobs who just fake care about people, we are trying as hard as we can to save this baby but you surely have no reason to care this much!" Said the doctor.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!? I CARE ABOUT MS. LANDING SO MUCH! I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW!"

"Oh don't act all innocent, I know who your parents are! They're the snobbiest people ever and they even sued me for taking personal time off when I worked for them 10 years back! The apple doesn't fall far from the tree! Now I have a life to save, go jump all over your "boyfriend" over there and stop getting into this situation!"

"YOU'RE SUCH A BITCH I AM NOTHING LIKE MY PARENTS AND I HATE THEM SO MUCH! And he's not my boyfriend!!!" Ugh, I've hated this lady for so long, she makes me wanna punch her in the face. With a brick.

•IN THE CAR, GOING TO THE DINER•

"Will you tell me where we're going yet?"

"Nope."

"Ugh! Drive faster, we've been driving for ages!!"

"Well that's because it's far away, smart ass. Just kidding. I took a wrong turn and I have no idea where we are."

"Really!? Wow. Just wow. At least turn on Nirvana, we need some good music to listen to, not whatever this crap is," I said.

"Whatever you say princess."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We've arrived at the diner, and I have NO idea where we are. What is this place?

When we walked inside, a group of men who looked like they work here came up and did that man hug thing
with Keaton.

"Lauren, this is Josh, Lucas, Scott, Dave, Ryan, and Brandon. They're some of my buddies who work here. They can hook us up with some free alcohol,"

"Sweet, now can we sit down now? I'm starving,"

"Sure baby, let's sit in a booth," he said.

He grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers. What is he doing to me? I feel like I'm floating in the air. Ugh, boys. They pretty much put a spell over us to completely fall in love with them. It makes me sick. Or maybe it's the hospital food...

We walked over to a table and guess what, he sat on the same side as me. Of course he did.

The second we sat down there was a round of drinks already in front of us. He wasn't kidding about his friends hooking us up with free alcohol.

I just ordered a salad since I'm not that hungry because of that disgusting hospital food.

Keaton ordered the most expensive thing on the menu, makes sense.