chapter forty-four

★★★★★
THREE MONTHS AND THREE DAYS LATER

after that whole deal.. it took a few hours for zach to feel better. but when he did, they decided to take him out.

they all went out on the town, corbyn called the day an early birthday celebration.

currently, they were sitting in a restaurant, the most popular one in town, it was called american fantasy.

jack and zach have never understood why it was so popular.

it was just a simple burger joint, but nevertheless it was a nice little change as it's usually frank's, the corner café zach and jack love, that they go out to each at, so this was something different for them.

"so corbyn, jonah.. you were originally coming over to tell us some good news?" jack asked them as they ate.

"oh! yeah! okay.. well, we were coming over to uh.. to tell you guys that.. for the past little while now, we had been thinking of expanding."

"well that's great, are you guys actually doing it?" daniel wondered.

"yeah, we are." jonah smiled, "which is kind of why we had that fight. we wanted to expand but at first couldn't agree on how."

"jonah wanted to use a surrogate but i wanted to adopt. but... we have found the perfect option."

"and what's that?" "both." corbyn beams. "wait.. are you having two kids?!" zach's eyes widened. "n-no! no.. uh, it's sort of like a compromise." the blonde started.

"yeah.. uh, her name's diana marsh, she's a few months pregnant and is looking for a couple to adopt her baby, so we set up a meeting with her."

jonah carried out his boyfriends train of thought. "guys that's amazing!" jack said. "yeah, we're meeting with her tomorrow. it was supposed to be on the 27th but i said no way, because it's zach's birthday."

"corbyn, that's so sweet!" zach blushed happily.

throughout their dinner, some people had approached daniel and asked for pictures, and before daniel could take them himself, zach had offered to take them for better angles.

"you're so sweet babe." daniel whispered, pecking his lips as they returned to their food.

when they had finished eating, they decided to take a walk around the town. just talk. "are you excited? nervous?" zach asked corbyn as they walked side by side.

they were talking about the baby meeting, "terrified." corbyn said through his breath, "what? why?" jonah spoke up.

the five stopped walking as corbyn opened his mouth to voice his concerns.

"what if she doesn't like us? what if she doesn't think we're a good fit! what if-" jonah cut him off with a kiss.

"if she doesn't want to have us adopt her baby then we'll keep looking and try again."

"i want this.. so bad." "i know you do baby. but it'll be okay." jonah smiled at him. "and besides.. i know for a fact that she'll love you."

"how do you know that jo?" "because i love you. what's not to love about you."

the older pecked his boyfriend's lips sweetly, connecting their hands as they continued walking.

"so what's the plan for your birthday zach?" corbyn started a new conversation.

"i don't know.." he looked down, unsure. "well we have to do something!" jack spoke.

"i'm not sure i want to do anything like.. huge. i just want to spend time with my best friends and my boyfriend."

zach looped his arm with daniel's, placing a little kiss to the boy's shoulder.

"well that was just adorable." daniel spoke sweetly, kissing zach's temple.

"how about.. we go out somewhere in portland?" jonah suggested, "we could if you wanted to." zach replied.

"oh no no no. that's not how this works.. it's whatever you want. it's your birthday." corbyn countered him.