⠀⠀𝟰𝟵. ❛ CHAOS THEORY ❜

Start from the beginning

     Caitlin had been working day and night to create a cure for Piper, spending countless hours on engineered formulas and testing them on the blood sample she'd gotten from the redhead two weeks ago. Harry had been assisting with the process, trying his best to contribute, despite biology and chemistry not being his best area of expertise.

     As for Cisco, he wouldn't leave S.T.A.R. Labs unless it was at night. That was when all the attacks occurred, and he was hell-bent on finding Piper. During the day, he never left the Cortex, continuously tracking down anyone from the cult of Savitar, trying to find a thread to pull on. The long-haired boy was nowhere near giving up on searching for his best friend. He wanted her back, and there was nothing that was going to stop him.

     Both Erin and Iris were in the same boat. They'd been doing most of the footwork, investigating every lead they could get their hands on. Central City Picture News was seemingly the only business that was still booming and running at full speed. Reporters were more determined to report on what was happening and to start their own investigations on the infamous Savitar, for the CCPD could barely make it to one 911 call, let alone conduct a full investigation. However, that didn't stop the police from at least trying.

     "According to Dr. Istook, it was a Brennergade that was stolen from the ninth floor," Joe stated, placing his hand on top of the railing surrounding the computers. "Which I'd never heard of until this morning, but apparently, it's some kind of revolutionary tech."

     It was another day, and another piece of tech had been stolen by Savitar and Effcacy's acolytes.

     Little by little, the meta-humans had begun taking over different sections of the city, destroying everything in sight and smearing Savitar's name in blood on the tallest buildings. Although the followers were everywhere, no one had caught a single glimpse of the monster himself or Efficacy.

     Harry rolled his eyes, crossing his arms as he briefly glanced down at the device's schematics. "It's an invention based on relativistic quantum mechanics in conjunction with its connection to the interspacial theory to manipulate matter on a subatomic level."

     Blinking, the detective shakily looked to Cisco in complete and utter confusion. Opening his mouth, the long-haired boy was about to dumb down what Harry said when Iris and Erin marched into the Cortex.

     The four looked over at the women, brows raised. Every time the two of them entered the room together, they always had news or a lead that typically led to more unanswered questions.

     "We have a lead on Piper!" Iris blurted out, tucking a strand of hair falling from her ponytail behind her ear. Glancing over to her girlfriend, she gave her an encouraging smile as she noticed the apprehensive look clouding her face.

     Harry raised a brow. "Is this a real lead or another one of your wild goose chases?"

     Rolling her eyes, Erin flashed him her middle finger before she began talking. "It's a real lead, Harrison. The Brennergade that Piper and her acolytes stole last night needs. Wait, where's Barry?" She paused, looking at Joe in confusion.

     "He..." Joe rubbed his forehead, his eyes fluttering shut for a brief second before reopening. "He called out sick this morning."

     Caitlin frowned, glancing at the scientist next to her, who was cleaning his glasses with the sleeve of his sweater. "That's the fifth time this week," she remarked, turning back to look at Joe as she picked up her cup of coffee.

     "He's dealing with a lot right now," the detective defended, placing a hand on his hip.

     Scoffing, Cisco rolled his eyes. "Yeah, well, we all are. He doesn't get special treatment just because he made out with Piper a few times."