⠀⠀𝟰𝟲. ❛ PRAYER FOR THE DYING ❜

Start from the beginning

     The fire's reflection shone against the window in a wash of red and yellow sparks. Like the beauty of running water, it is so unearthly yet dangerous in its beauty. The fire lept up, picking up speed like a river as it swam down the road, holding its head proudly as its destruction spread across many homes.

     It ate everything in its path, leaving behind yellow, red, and orange streaks of domination. The streaks mimicked the colors of autumn— the season that had just passed.

     He stood alone in the night, bright colors dancing across the world, tattooing its destruction in his mind.

     It wasn't long until the door to the boy's room rushed open, the hinges squealing loudly as a wave of blue and purple lightning lit up the small space. In a matter of milliseconds, the ocean-blue-eyed kid was no more. All that remained was a husk of skin, resembling the outline of where the child had once been standing.

     All night, the cycle repeated itself. Fire, murder, husks. The ritual had been perfected through trial and error on Earth-Four. Now, it was replicated on Earth One. The takeover had begun, and it wouldn't stop anytime soon.

     No matter how much effort Team Flash would give, the fire wouldn't cease its reign of terror. There was no place, no person the Flash could run to for help.

     There was no escaping the inevitable; the pain and death headed Central City's way and the dreams it would steal.

────

     "A REMINDER THAT A CITYWIDE CURFEW HAS BEEN ISSUED. No unauthorized person is to be out past nine pm. A recent increase in Savitar attacks has led Mayor Bellows to extend the curfew. The curfew was first issued after a series of terror attacks through the city that began last week after the break-in at Stagg Industries..." From where she stood in the middle of the Cortex, Erin Osborn wrapped her arms around Iris West from behind, placing a gentle kiss on her temple and resting her chin on her shoulder. The reporter looked on with horrific eyes as she watched the morning news being projected on all four monitors.

     The halls of S.T.A.R. Labs were filled with thick layers of tension as every member was frozen to the spot, listening to the report of Savitar's latest attack.

     Things had gone from bad to worst in the span of seven days. Hundreds of innocent people were being killed or captured, turned into metahumans that did Savitar's bidding. Town Hall had been officially taken over and declared as rogue meta-human territory, as well as CC Jitters, Amarasia Oasis, and Concordance Research.

     Central City quickly became Savitar's playground, and people couldn't help but feel hopelessly powerless. 

     Anyone could be next.

     "We understand that citizens of Central City are scared, but I can assure you the C.C.P.D. has been working diligently and tirelessly to catch this monster and keep your families safe. We will stop Savitar and his acolytes. That's a promise." Captain Singh stated firmly, his head nodding as he spoke.

     Turning away from the monitor, Caitlin shared a look mixed with worry and fear as she made eye contact with Cisco.

     "Lita was right. Savitar wants to continue whatever he began doing in Caruthers City here." Harry spoke roughly, sliding his glasses on.

     "But what exactly did he do on Earth-Four? Do we know?" Iris asked, pulling out of Erin's arms and moving to face everyone else.

     "No," Harry sighed, glancing at the long-haired boy who was abnormally silent. "Lita has barely opened up, and what we know about Savitar is limited. What we know is what she's told us."