9."I lost myself somewhere in the darkness."

"I lost myself somewhere in the darkness."

☆:*'¨'*:..:*'¨'*:.☆

Everyone had always told me that I looked like Abigail but I didn't see it.

I have pale gray eyes to her sparkling green ones and a square-shaped face to her heart-shaped one. I was also much scrawnier, paler, and plainly average as a child.

At the age of five she awed everyone with her beauty, the kind of beauty I had never possessed as a child. At the age of five, she awed everyone with her beauty, the kind of beauty I had never possessed as a child. Abigail was the golden child, the one who wowed everyone with her many talents. She could sing, dance, draw, act, the list goes on. I paled in comparison. I felt as though I was constantly under her shadow, despite being her older sister.

But, I realised I didn't mind as much as I thought I did. I loved her too much to care. 

"Harpy, do you love Paw-paw more than me?" Abigail  innocently asked as we walked back from Grandpa's house.

"Nope."

"How about Journey or Johnny?" She asked again, her green eyes gazing up into mine as her blonde hair fanned over the sides of her face.

"I don't love anyone more than I love you, Abi, okay?" I told her without a second thought.

"But what if I disappear and you forget me?" Abigail asked again, but this time much more agitated as her hand tightened mine.

"You'll never disappear, Abi; I love you too much to let you go."

"Promise?"

"Jeez, Abi stop being all paranoid. How could I ever forget about you; now come on, mom's waiting."

And that was the last talk I ever had with Abigail. Looking back, as I hopelessly tried to keep that precious moment alive inside of me, I realized that maybe Abigail didn't want to just disappear; maybe all she wanted was to be found.

And after Abigail left,  I found a sister in Journey.

In a cruel way, maybe fate had given me a second chance; to make sure I never let this sister disappear.

"What are you thinking about?" Journey whispered with a shaky warm breath that fanned over my face from the proximity.

My eyes moved from her gaze to the wisteria and the soft whispering daffodils that were trailed along the path to our school. It was an undisputed contrast to the still dark forest around us that was completely silent, too silent that it was unnerving.

"Nothing," I muttered absently as our feet moved in a stealthy pace across the forest floor.