Dean shrugs. "Well, he doesn't tend to make headlines from Stanford, and I have only met you once before."

"Stanford?" Castiel repeats, surprised. "Wow, we've got a genius in our hands."

"Well, someone had to take the brains in the family, since I didn't get any of 'em."

Castiel laughs. "I beg to disagree."

"Then beg."

"And suddenly, you're a Tumblr meme," Castiel remarks. "Guess you really don't have any brains."

Dean scoffs. "You have a Tumblr, and you have the audacity to say I'm the one with no brain?"

"Only 'cause you said it first," Castiel says with a grin. "Although I never said I had a Tumblr; just that you sound like a Tumblr meme."

"And do you have a Tumblr?"

"Yes, but I don't see how that's relevant."

Dean chuckles. "Well, Tumblr sure is one way to market yourself, I guess. Works out real well for Taylor Swift, at least."

"Oh, no, it's not a professional thing," Castiel says. "No name attached. I just like the memes."

"Guess that means you like me, then, huh?" Dean teases.

"I guess so," Castiel agrees.

Dean can't help but smile. "Well, the feeling's mutual. You're cool. Jo really lucked out."

Castiel's smile falters. "Uh, yeah. Thanks."

"Hey, don't worry," Dean says. "Jo's great. I'm kinda upset I gotta pass her over to you, honestly."

Castiel gives a halfhearted shrug. "Well, that's showbiz, I guess."

"Mm, gotta love it," Dean says, his voice obviously lacking sincerity. "But love triangles sell."

"So I've heard," Castiel deadpans.

"Well, don't sound too happy about it," Dean jokes.

"You know, you're right," Castiel says. "I'm sorry for that sudden outburst of excitement. I'll try to keep it in for now on."

Dean chuckles. "You do that."

"But anyway," Castiel says, "enough about the publicity part of selling. How's your album coming along?"

"All done and ready to go," Dean replies. "I'm officially announcing it in about a week."

"Ah, before the premiere?" Castiel guesses.

"Obviously," Dean says. "Red carpet pictures mean more preorders."

"Of course," Castiel agrees. "And breakups are even better."

"So I'm told," Dean replies, adding a deadpan, "Yay."

"Glad I'm not the only one jumping for joy," Castiel says.

"Honestly, I'm getting really sick of this," Dean says. "I mean, I may not be in love with Jo, but the fact that I've only got, like, two more weeks to hang out with her until I can't even be seen with her for at least a year kinda sucks."

"I know, right?" Castiel says. "Meg Masters and I were the same way — although if I'm 'dating' Jo, I probably can't be caught spending time with my fake ex, even after all these months."

"I'm really starting to wish I knew how incredibly fake Hollywood was before I had to see it firsthand," Dean says.

"Ditto," Castiel agrees. "But enough of that. Let's talk about something that is real."

"Ooh, good luck with that," Dean says. "You're not gonna find a whole lot that fits the profile."

"Well, you can't fake family," Castiel says. "Or, I mean, not well. You said your brother's at Stanford?"

Dean nods, a small smile on his face at the mention of his little brother. "Yeah, he got a full ride, believe it or not."

Castiel raises an eyebrow, impressed. "Really?"

Dean nods. "Yeah. He actually asked me for the money that should have been his tuition and donated it to a couple GoFundMes he's found online to help some kids pay for medical bills and things like that."

"Wow," Castiel says. "Can't believe I never heard about that."

"Trust me, that wasn't an accident," Dean says. "Sam gets more annoyed with publicity stunts than you and I do. He did it anonymously."

"He really is a good kid, huh?" Castiel says.

"The best."

"How old is he?" Castiel asks.

"Now that's one you can find on Google," Dean says. "He'll be 19 in a month or so."

"Oh, so hasn't been to school long?"

Dean shakes his head. "Just this year. Although I hear he's having the time of his life. Got a girlfriend and everything — and a real one at that. Doubt I'll be able to say that for a very long time."

"Ditto," Castiel says. "Well, good for him. I'm glad he's not stuck in Hollywood Hell."

"Believe me, not as glad as he is," Dean says. "How about you?"

"How about me what?" Castiel asks.

"What's your family like?"

Castiel's face falls at that.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to," Dean says quickly. "Just making conversation."

"No, it's fine," Castiel says. "I haven't heard from them since I turned 18, so..."

"Not a fan of your acting gigs?" Dean guesses.

"You could say that," Castiel says, but doesn't elaborate.

Dean decides to change the subject before things get awkward. "What type of music do you like?" Before Castiel can answer, he adds, "And don't you dare say mine, because I don't appreciate suck ups."

Castiel chuckles. "Duly noted. I'm really into anything low-key, honestly."

"What, like, classical?" Dean asks.

"A little higher key than that," Castiel replies with a small smile. "Think more acoustic. Piano accompaniment. Simple guitar. That type of thing."

"Well, I don't know much about piano, but I do love guitar," Dean says. "Do you play?"

Castiel shakes his head. "I've literally never touched a guitar in my life."

Dean scoffs. "Well, we can't have that, now, can we?"

Castiel squints slightly. "What are you talking about?"

"Give me two seconds," Dean says.

"What? No, Dean —"

But Dean's already in the house, ignoring everything Castiel just said.