CH. 5: THE WARRIORS OF KYOSHI

CHAPTER 5:
THE WARRIORS OF KYOSHI.
Kyoshi P.O.V.

"She has quite the strong spirit. Reminds me of someone I know," Roku commented as he stood by me and I chuckled.

"She's headstrong, like an Earth Bender, but that won't push her far enough."

"Is that where Prince Zuko comes into play?" Roku questioned, and I nodded.

"I did not think you would be so keen on this, Kyoshi. I always thought you would be against a woman needing a man for help. And Prince Zuko at that," I was surprised myself but Anisha needs him or she may go down the wrong path. A path she may think is right but in the end it won't bring her the peace she needs.

"It is not her that needs him, but rather he needs her. They'll both need eachother to push past their boundaries," I expressed.

"And what of the hurt they'll both experience? They will feel betrayal," Roku proclaimed.

"Yes, she will hurt as much as him. He will like others, and she will as well, but I will do my best to remind her that in the end, it will be all worth it. Any amount of pain is worth it if it means you get to spend your life with the one you love," I smiled fondly.

I wish I had that chance.

But now she does.

________________

Anisha P.O.V.

"Aang, we need to talk," I approached my little brother as he was being fawned over by the girls of the island.

"Right now-?"

"Yes," I cut him off.

"Be right back girls," They all awed as I dragged him by his ear and into the house we were staying in.

"Ow! Ow! Ow! What's your problem, Anisha?!" Aang snarled at me.

"My problem? You've completely blown off Katara and I for some little schoolgirls. We've had to do all the food shopping and prep while you get fawned over by those girls," I put my hands on my hips.

"I'm the Avatar! Of course I'm being fawned over," He crossed his arms and frowned.

"But you just sit there and forget that you're a person. You're no God, you're not Roku or Kyoshi, and you certainly will never be if you keep letting yourself get distracted like this," It was harsh, but the truth.

And he didn't like that.

"Yeah, well neither are you! You're just mad that the monks favored me."

I glared at him,"And yet you were the one who ran away."

"Just go. For someone who was raised by monks, you're giving into these desires real easily," I spat before he stomped out and I quickly made my way into my room before the tears came.

He knows how I feel about that.

I know it's the truth. . .that I'm unwanted. . .that I was the one who wasn't supposed to be born.

That I'm a girl.

And no girl should ever be so strong. . .

"Kyoshi, this world can't have two Avatars. . .what am I supposed to do?" I sobbed, feeling so small and unwanted in this world dominated by men.

"How did you do it. . .? Because I don't think I can."

"Avatar Anisha?" I flinched, hearing a voice behind me as I stared at Avatar Kyoshi statue.

"Yes?" It was a warrior.

"So it is true. You're an Avatar," She smiled as she approached me and I recognized her from earlier.

"Not really one that's wanted. Aang deserves that title, not me," I expressed.

"What? That's not fair. Just because you're a girl doesn't mean that you can't also be the Avatar."

"I wish it were that simple," I sighed, "but Aang is favored. I am no-"

"And whose around to tell you that? From what I see, the only one with the emotional maturity and strength an Avatar needs is you," Suki told me, and it caught me off guard, but that conversation was put on hold as I spotted something in the water.

///
Fun Fact: Avatar Anisha granddaughter, Lian, ended up dating and later marrying Bolin.