Chapter 2 - Long time no see

Vance POV     

        I saw Laysha´s car park and went to my hiding spot. She walked over to where I wanted her to be. I took her by the waist and brought her up and hugged her. I had forgotten how her hugs felt. Her hugs were so warm and so nice, every time I was feeling sad one of her hugs was my best medicine. She rubbed her hand in my back. I love it when she does that. We set apart when we had enough. I hadn’t had enough but it was time to set apart.

            We together walked over to our lockers. Not a single word went out but we were both smiling. I helped her with her locker. I knew what she would do because every year we did the same thing. She took her boxes and filled them up with supplies, stacked up notebooks and added some polaroids. I was only in one. I personally hate photos. I love taking them but not getting them taken to me. Laysha is not a model but does not mind therefore I have cameras full of her. Those days we take photos she looks beautiful and if anyone saw our scrapbook would fall for her because she is a beauty but she doesn’t really show it.

            I looked at my clock we still had 15 more minutes before class. I took her to our special place.

            She sat down.

“I missed so much lay”

“I missed you more Vance”

            “I missed you to the moon and back”

“Vance. let’s not play these games tell me about your summer”

            “Cali is amazing. I gave myself an escape to Bogotá and I will never regret that. Why don’t you drop by my place tonight and we watch the pictures and I tell you the rest of the story”

“Suena bien”

            “What?”

“Sounds good, Shouldn’t you be good in Spanish?”

            “Girl Spanish is hard”

She gave me that smirk that lets me know she knows and that I just stated the obvious

            “How is your mother?”

“Good she is fully recovered”

            “How was your summer?”

“My summer in comparison to yours was pretty boring. I finished a novel. It’s uploaded on wattpad. I wrote a bit of poetry not too much”

            “It’s time to go to class we should get going”

We left to class. Laysha and I said hi to the old student combo and welcomed new ones. Laysha is very cold with Kameron. It looks like they were once dating and they broke up by the way she treats him.