Chapter 1- Back to school

Laysha´s point of view

            It was back to school season. I already missed summer. I wanted to see Vance. He always travelled in the summer. We usually went together but this year my mother had an operation so I could not travel. I was happy to take care of her but still wanted to travel. I missed that guy. I didn’t have much to tell him rather than my new novel was complete and uploaded on wattpad. I still wanted to know what he had done this summer. He had gone to Cali, Colombia. I have never visited there and on the pictures it looks wonderful.

            I was getting ready for the first day of school. Exclusively for today I care about how I look. I decided to go for burgundy jeans and texturized shirt along with a spike necklace and black doc martins. My looks were usually very dangerous but today I looked more laidback but it flattered my figure so it was fine to me.  I walked into the kitchen and drank my shake made by my lovely mother. She had already gone to work. I went to my car and drove all the way to school jamming out to artic monkeys. I parked aside from Vance. I took my stuff and headed to the table with my schedule. I went to the student area. I couldn’t spot Vance and my smile instantly faded. I wanted to hug him. I craved his affection but mostly his presence. I felt some hands grab me by the waist and pull me up and I turned. As expected, it was Vance. My smile returned instantly and greater than the one before, I knew he loved it when I smiled like this. I gave him a very long hug. He missed me I could feel it in the way he hugged me.

Vance’s point of view

            I just parked in an empty section of the school’s parking lot. I like it because it was not so crowded but it wasn’t very far were the couples who spend time together in their cars parked. I left Laysha her spot beside me. I had missed her so much. It was only a month but it felt like more. I had gone travelling the whole two months of summer but via Skype stayed connected with Laysha but, we decided that we should stop calling each other it only did us worse. I missed her and just overall everything about her. She usually travelled with me but this summer was the exception. A part of me wanted to go back to summer in Cali but another missed Laysha so much the need to see her was overwhelming. I wondered how I would hug Laysha. I decide to surprise by the back whenever she arrives and give her a really long hug. I was waiting for her. This minutes looked like they were hour and each second was the longest I had had in a while. Kameron arrived. None of his friends that annoyed me were present so I went to talk to my boy. I have a crush on Kameron since I can remember (Let’s ignore the fact I am a very forgetful person). This is the one secret Laysha does not know. It’s both of us going for one guy. She doesn’t know she is competing against me but I don’t want her to know. Things would get awkward between us and I loved our friendship, a crush wasn’t under any circumstances going to ruin that.

“Hi, Kameron” I said as I simultaneously as I went over to his side

“Hey, how was your summer dude?”

“Great I went to Cali and girls there are on point” I lied. I didn’t notice the girls there. I never did. Not a single person in the school with the exception of Laysha knew I was gay. It was not in my near intentions to let them know. I had enough with my parents. Everybody thought me and Laysha were a couple we let them think whatever. We were very close friends and both of us liked it that way. She in one point started to have feelings for me but then Kameron appeared and they all left.

“Lucky guy right here. I went to Miami beach and it was awesome”

“Good, well see you later”

            “Bye”

I left there because his annoying friends arrived and I decided to leave before they ruined my good mood.