chapter 4

Hours later I had taken a shower and put on my makeup. I texted mike to come over and help me pick out my outfit and he ended up choosing this.

He said it was really cute and it wasn't too flashy. I don't understand why he would care about that though. The girls were downstairs. "Well. Ill call you if anything happens." I tell him. "Okay. Be safe." He says. "Yes dad." I say. He rolls his eyes at me. I went to the car. "Hello hottie." Devyn says. "Me?? Nah. All you girl." I tell her. "We are all hot now lets go." Kat says. We all laugh. "So you and mike?" Tara asked. "Nothing. We did have a sleepover last night. After we had got into a fight at a festival." I tell them. "Hold up. Mike? At a festival after his shows? He never does that." Tara says. "Yeah we tried to get him to come out one night after his show and he just wanted to go home. You are making him better. He has been more sociable." Katrina says.

I didn't know what to say. They finally dropped the mike subject. We got to a club. The bouncer let us in since he knew Devyn. We walked in and I just felt alone as we were dancing and singing the lyrics to songs that came on. I also felt I was being watched. "Hey kat. I think im gonna go. I don't feel safe. My ex husband is in L.A. and im getting paranoid." I tell her. She understood. I texted mike and he said he would come get me.

About 30 minutes later he arrived. I said bye to the girls and apologized. I got into mikes car. "What happened?" He asked. "Didn't feel safe." I tell him honestly. "Fair enough." He says. We went back to his apartment. I went in and put on one of his hoodies and boxers. I put my hair up and wiped my make up off. I was standing in the bathroom. I lifted up my shirt to reveal all the burn marks and scars from the physical abuse.

"You said it was only mental." I hear a voice say. I jump and turn around. I gulped seeing mike standing there folding his arms.  "I-i im sorry." I say softly. His face softened. He walked over to me. "Did he do this?" Mike asked. I sigh and nod. He balled up his fist and took a deep breath. He unballed his fists. He lifted up the shirt and looked at my scars. "How did he do it?" He asked. "The fire poker." I whisper. "A fucking monster. Who could harm such a beautiful creature." He says. My cheeks heated up. I looked down and he lifted my chin up. He placed his thumb over my lips. He slid his thumb down parting my lips alittle. "Has anyone told you how beautiful your eyes are?" He whispers. I gulp and shook my head. "Or how plump your lips are? Or how cute you are. You have the most amazing personality and that's a bonus." He says. I was about to say something until his lips smashed into mine. Fireworks went off as our lips moved in sync. He was like my missing piece of the puzzle. We pulled away to catch air. "Let me take you out on a date. Tomorrow night." He says. All I could do was nod.

*****

The next day I woke up in my bed. "Oh you're awake." Said a voice I knew to well. I jumped up and looked over. I saw my ex husband steven standing at my door. "No. Leave me alone." I say. He chuckles. "Oh come on you don't mean that." He says. He started to walk closer. "Yes I do. Don't take another step." I say. "And what are you gonna do about it?" He asked. I gulped. "Exactly. You aren't gonna do shit.  Because I own you." He says. I stood up straight. "You don't fucking own me Steven." I hissed. "Oo feisty are we." He laughs. "How did you find me?" I asked. "There's a tracker in your phone babe." He says like its a normal thing. "That ain't normal." I say shaking my head. He chuckled. I grabbed my phone and looked in it and found the tracker.

I had an idea that could get me killed or work. Sam's apartment is directly below me. I had to act nice. "Let me make you a drink and let me show you around babe." I force the babe. He grins. I walked passed him and he smacks my ass. I stuck my phone in my bra and went to the kitchen. I made him some tea and myself some hot coffee. "Okay can I show my favorite place?" I asked. "Of course dear." He says. I cringed but kept my act on. We walked to the balcony. I looked over. I thought about pushing him but I don't wanna kill the guy. I want to see him suffer. I splashed my coffee in his face causing him to scream in pain. I went over my balcony and swung my self. I ended up breaking my arm. I screamed in pain. I knocked on Sam's glass. He opens the curtain and seen me. He opened the door and I ran in and shut it with my good arm. Sam looked at me. "Sam he is after me. Call the cops." I say. "What's happening?" He asked. He called the cops. I grab the phone. "Hello yes. My crazy ex husband broke into my house and has been stalking me. He has put a tracker on my phone. Please help." I tell her my address. The cops are the way. Mike is upstairs. What if mike is getting hurt. "Sam come on." I say. He listens and follows me. We go back upstairs and I saw mike walking to my apartment. I called his name out and he turned around and looked at me. He saw that I was hurt so he ran to me. He grabbed my face. "What happen?" He asked. "He's here." I tell him. "Where? Did you call the cops?" He asked. I nodded. I point to my apartment.  Mike ran in there. "No mike!" I yell. I ran into my apartment. "So this is the guy you been with?" I see steven holding a gun to mike. "Don't hurt him." I say softly. "Why not? What's he got that I don't? HUH!" I flinched. "Just please don't hurt him." I say. "Don't hurt him like you hurt me." I say. Steven looked at me and held his head down. "Just put the gun down." I say walking closer. "Don't come any closer Nina." He warned. I stopped moving for Mikes sake. "I love you Nina." He says. "No you don't. Arranged marriages aren't love. I didn't want to marry you. I just had to. I tried to love you but you hurt me. You hurt me so bad. I filed a divorce. You signed it without knowing and I turned it in." I tell him. "Im happy here. I have friends and freedom." I tell him. All of a sudden cops bust in and steven gets shot. Steven dropped the gun. Mike ran over to me. There was a medic who helped me out along with mike.

We sat on the back of one of the ambulances. "Im sorry." I say. Mike looked at me. "For what Nina?" Mike asked. "Bringing you into this." I sigh. Mike places his arm around me and pulls me close. "Nina. I'm glad I was there to help you. If anything happened to you. I don't know what Id do." He tells me. "Are you still up for that date with me?" I asked. "Of course." He says. I smiled. All of our friends were walking to us. The girls walked to me first. "Oh my god. We are so glad you are okay." Devyn says. "Yeah just a little broken arm." I tell them. Kevin ran to me. He was crying. "I thought you were gone little cousin." He sniffs. I stood up and hugged him with my good arm. "You'd never lose me. Im a big girl." I say. Kevin hugs mike. "You take care of her. You hear?" Kevin days giving mike the big brother talk. Mike salutes him. I giggled. A cop came up to me and asked me questions. I showed her my scars and burns. He was getting charged for assault, break and entering, and attempted murder. I was so relieved.