Chapter 3

Me and mike went to a bar. We both got scotch. We sat at the bar and he turned to me. He raised his glass. "Heres to..." He thought about it. "To you being so awesome." he says. "Me? Nah its all you." I say. We clink our glasses together. We both drank. Soon we were on the dance floor dancing with each other and laughing. A couple girls tried to get his attention but he didn't acknowledge them. We ended up leaving and walking the streets of L.A.

"You know there were so many girls trying to get your attention." I tell him. He looked up and grinned. "Hmm? Really? I didn't notice." he says putting his hands in his pocket. "Really? God. Some of them had really big ones." I say motioning toward my boobs. "Oh well." He shrugged. I chuckled. "And even if I noticed those girls. I was there with you and I wasn't about to leave you alone." He says. "And besides you wouldn't know what to do without me." He says jokingly. I playfully punched his arm. He was right though. I've known him for a week and a half. I was starting to catch feelings.

Mikes pov.

She was so small and cute. I noticed every girl on that dance floor but she stuck out the most. She has made my life so much better. Her laugh is contagious. He eyes sparkle when she is talking about something she loves. And she has decided to wear one of my shirts again. She made it look so good. She was so awesome. "Thank you." I suddenly say. "For what?" She says looking up at me. "For celebrating with me. Going out with me. Being here." I tell her. "You're welcome. Always." She says. That made me smile. "Ooh a festival. Lets go." She says grabbing my arm. She stared at the colors with excitement. "Okay. Lets go." I tell her. She jumps up and down and cheers.

*time skipped* Nina pov.

Here I am sitting on the bathroom sink while mike cleaned up my cuts. I held a ice pack to my cheek and a rag against my nose. He touched one of my cuts and I jumped and winced. "Sorry." Mike says. All of a sudden kevin walked in. "Woah what happen?" He asked. "Well Nina here decided to get into a fight with some dude then his girl jumped in. He is in jail but I roughed him up some." Mike explained. "Ha some. You should have seen him. He fucking body slammed the dude." I exclaim. "Says you. You fucking kicked his girlfriends ass." He says. "Well you two are just Bonnie and Clyde." Kevin says. "Something like that." I say. "Where did you guys go?" kev asked. "Well we left and went to a bar then I saw this festival. So we went there and then this happened." I say grinning. "Hm fun." He says. "Well im going back to bed." He says. Me and mike say goodnight. Mike puts a bandaid on my last cut. "Thank you." I tell him. He nods. He helps me down. "Well I could walk you to your apartment or we could have a sleepover." He says. "Sleepover!" I whisper yell. He fist pumps the air and cheers. We made popcorn and went into his room. We put on harry potter and we sat on the bed.

****

I woke up the next morning on Mikes chest. He had one of his arms around me and the other under his head. I sat up and stretched causing him to wake up. "Good morning Mike." I say. "Good morning Nina." He says. That morning voice is gonna be the death of me. He is your bestfriend stop it. My phone started ringing. It was my mom.

I answer. "Hello?" I say. "Hey honey. Me and your dad were wondering when you and steven are coming back from your trip?" She says. I was really confused. "What trip?" I asked. "The one he was telling us about." she says. "What do you mean?" I asked. "You both are in LA aren't you?" my mom sounded confused. "Wait mom. He is?" I asked. "Yeah just got off the phone with him." She says. "Mom... we are divorced now." I tell her. "Oh dear. Why is he there then?" She asked. "Wait you aren't mad?" I asked. "Oh no. His mother was a bitch. Your father is a little upset. But that wasn't love dear." she says. "Thank mom." I say. "Love you hun. Be careful." She says. "Love you mom." I say.

I hung up and look at mike in fear. "What's wrong Nina?" He asked. "He's here." I say. "Who?" Mike asked. "My ex husband." I say. "What if He's been watching me? What if he knows im here." I say starting to get paranoid. "Look Nina. I won't let him hurt you." He tells me. I hugged him and he hugged me back.

After that we went to the studio.
"Wanna do a cover?" He asked. I nod. "What song are you gonna do?" He asked. "Medication by yungblud." I tell him. He nodded and set everything up. He gave me a pair of headphones and I pulled the lyrics up on my phone. He was gonna do all the editing.

I started to sing.

Doctor says that I'm so lonely
A mistake on the painting of my family
But that big smudge is what i love
Give me a Grenade and I'll tape to my face

Gettin' drunk at quarter to one
'Cause my dad is a geezer and he keys up my mum
You put it in my mouth, I'm gonna bite down
If that ain't normal then the pope is a right clown

Lost in the White light, white heat
Fire shots in our arms on your street
Lost in the White light, white heat
I'm blank why you shouting at me

I just wanna take my
My medication
I just wanna find my
My motivation
I just wanna take my
My medication
'Cause I just wanna find my
I just wanna find my
My motivation

Woo
Doctor says, "Don't fight that feeling"
But my head is stuck to the ceiling
I can't get it off
You superglued it on
It's like I'm a bad scene stuck in a wet dream

My heart is a bomb, it just ticks along
With a bang, bang, bang on a beat up tin drum
I'm an experiment of young irrelevance
I'm insecure so I got tattoo of an elephant

Lost in the White light, white heat
Fire shots in our arms on your street
Lost in the White light, white heat
I'm blank why you shouting at me

I just wanna take my
My medication
I just wanna find my
My motivation
I just wanna take my
My medication
'Cause I just wanna find my
I just wanna find my
My motivation

You cannot pretend there's no dirt on your shirt
'Cause that's not how it works, no, that's not how it works
You try to perceive that you're so squeaky clean
But that's not how it works, that's not that's not how it works
You cannot pretend there's no dirt on your shirt
'Cause that's not how it works, no, that's not how it works
You try to perceive that you're so squeaky clean
But that's not how it works, that's not that's not how it works

I just wanna take my
My medication
I just wanna find my
My motivation
I just wanna take my
My medication
'Cause I just wanna find my
I just wanna find my
My motivation

When I finished mike was starstruck. "Woooah. That was amazing." he says. I take the headphones off. "Was it?" I asked. "Yes. Im editing this and I'm posting it." He says. I rolled my eyes. I got a text from the girls and I's group chat.

Dev: Girl's night?

Kat: yes!

Tara: no boys. Uh yess.

Me: yes!!

Kat: Oh so no mike tonight?

Me: nope. Just us.

Dev: hell yeah girl. Club?

We all agreed and I had to go back to my apartment. "Hey mike im going out with the girls tonight. Is that alright?" I tell him. "Yes? You don't have to ask me nina." He says. I felt embarrassed. I used to have to ask my husband before I went out anywhere. "Oh right. Um well. I'm gonna need an opinion later okay." I say. "Of course." He says. I smile. I left and saw kevin. "Where you going?" He asked. "To get ready for clubbing tonight with the girls." I tell him. He nods. I give him a hug. I head to my apartment.