Chapter 35: Oh Boy

Start from the beginning

With a smirk, Larro glanced at Tayn, then slowly back to Pask.

I just told him that, have fun. He thought to him before walking into the kitchen.

What? Wait! Larro!

Pascal turned to run after him but was suddenly cut off by Tayn's hyena. Okay, Larro's not worth chasing after if Tayn wants me here. The guy's hyena cackled quietly while rubbing their muzzles together and Pask thought that he just might have melted a little inside. It was such a simple gesture but it was for him!

Did Larro just tell you what I said to him? He asked after a few moments.

Tayn stopped the nuzzling and sat back on his haunches, head tilted slightly in confusion.

No, tell me.

That bastard! He thought to himself before hearing a faint snickering in the back of his mind.

I'll get you, Larro!

Uh huh. Enjoy your little talk, lover boy.

Pask wanted to run around grumbling at his own stupidity, but Tayn was staring at him with curiosity, wanting answers.

He asked if I was taking advantage of your heat by being nice and I said... I said I know he's in heat and if he asks for help, I won't hesitate but all I want right now is to have his attention and maybe eventually, his heart. He thought to him very quickly.

Pascal tucked his tail after that bit of embarrassing mind-vomit, especially considering the look on Tayn's face.

Uh. What? Tayn finally asked.

Taking a shaky breath, Pask shook his head and calmly repeated himself before looking away nervously.

You're sweet.

Pascal's hyena's ears perked up in surprise as he hesitantly glanced back at Tayn.

I'm... sweet?

He'd had just called him sweet!

Hah, pervert.

Wait, pervert? He'd been behaving. Pascal glanced down at himself and noticed why he'd actually been called that.

Okay, my body isn't behaving as much as my mind. He thought as his ears drooped a little.

I swear I wasn't thinking about doing perverted things to you. I just got really excited that you thought I was sweet.

When Tayn didn't respond right away, Pascal lied down and grunted, knowing that he was likely making this whole situation worse. His mind was going crazy until he noticed Tayn staring down at him. They held each others' gazes for a few seconds before Tayn leaned down and licked Pascal's nose before slowly walking toward the hall.

You coming? Tayn thought to him as he continued moving.

Wait, coming? Pascal padded around the corner and down the hall only to see Tayn's hyena up on his bed, in his room. With an excited cackle he ran inside, shutting the door with his nose before jumping up onto the bed. At first, he thought that he had won him over, but when Tayn began rubbing his back into the blankets and whimpering, he realized what was going on. It's the heat. Not that he didn't look delicious enough to eat right then, but he'd just said that he wasn't going to take advantage.

Will you take care of them? Tayn asked.

What do you mean, Tayn?

Tayn looked at him again, then slowly shifted into his human form.