3

I mutter the incantation and point my wand at the parchment, which Professor Mcgonagall had replenished for us. Nothing happens. I run my hands through my hair in frustration.

Zabini, noticing this, says, "Just think of a color that means a lot to you. You're doing it right, just think of the color." I never noticed but he can calm me down when I get mad, or say the right words so I don't blow with my temper.

I take a deep breath and point my wand again, then out of the corner of my eye I see the silver snake ring with red eyes that Z always wears. I think once he said it was a family thing. I look at the red gemstone eyes and soon it is the only color I see.

I close my eyes still unintentionally thinking about the red color of the gems, I say the spell. I slowly open my eyes and see a rose! It is the color of the red eyes of his snake ring and he looks like he noticed, but before he can point it out, I practically scream, "I DID IT!!!!!"

He laughs and says, "Yes you did, Red, but you don't have to scream it!"

"Sorry, but I am happy! I did it!" I grin.
We both laugh but our silenced when McGonagall walks up to the front

"Ok class calm down! Ok now class is over and you can take your rose if you have done it successfully! At the end of the week you will have a test on this spell! Goodbye class!"

I stand up and place my bag over shoulder and start to walk away. "Good bye red!" With out looking back I say, "bye Z!" I walk out of class to the library were Mione and I meet in our free time in between classes. "Hey mione!"