Chapter 1: Cake For Kacchan

"I find it so weird after all these years, you like him," Ochako said with an uneasy smile.

Izuku looked up from the bowl he was about to start dumping ingredients in. He had asked Ochako over to his mother's apartment for a pep talk. He certainly wasn't getting the talk he wanted. Instead she was doubting the whole idea.

"Well, we've been rivals for such a long time and I kind of fell for him along the way."

She shook her head. She still couldn't believe it.

"I just don't get it either way."

Izuku shrugged with a smile on his face.

"You think he'll like white icing?" she asked looking at the powdered sugar but there was no food coloring in sight.

"No, it's not regular icing Ochako."

"Oh yea?"

"I'm slightly famous for my chocolate and peanut cake. Mom forces me to make for her birthday every year so I thought maybe
Kacchan would like it too."

"We have been pro heroes for almost a year already.... He stills wants to be called Explosion King. How can you like someone like that?"

He grinned, "That's just how he is. It sounds a lot better than the other names he came up with though. I admire how much pride he has in himself."

"Sure. You know Shouto would probably slap you right now if he was here."

"How are you doing? I haven't seen you for two weeks," Izuku said ignoring her comment.

"I've been.... busy."

Izuku stopped for a second to look at her.

Izuku arched an eyebrow, "Who is he?"

"No one you would know."

Izuku snorted, "We know everyone."

She rolled her eyes and messed with the rubber spatula. She didn't want to answer him.

"Ochako!" he yelled getting impatient.

"Alright! Alright! I had a few dates with Iida."

"Shut up!"
Ochako could see the excitement in his big emerald eyes making her smile. Of course he would be ok with it. Izuku was never one to knock down anyone's ideas directly.

"I didn't wanna tell anyone because he asked me not to say anything. We didn't want the media to find out."

"That makes a lot of sense."

He kind of wondered how that came along but he didn't want to intrude especially if was just a few dates here and there. Ochako probably had no idea of they were serious yet or if the relationship would last for that matter but he would cheer her on regardless. He smiled thinking about how he came to like Katsuki Bakugou.

Midoriya had figured out he liked Katsuki Bakugou almost two years ago. It was back in the woods when they were running laps and avoiding obstacles. When they both got too tired to continue they sat down by a big hill and talked awhile. It wasn't Katsuki yelling 'Deku' at the top of his lungs or anything, just plain talking.

In that moment, his heart started pounding furiously. Ever since that single moment, he hid his feelings until they graduated and Deku confessed to Ochako about his feelings towards Katsuki shortly after.
Even then he could tell she didn't like the idea of them being together so they didn't talk about it much.

"I think you two belong together honestly. You make him loosen up and he keeps you focused on what you want. He was like that for all of us when we were in school."

She smiled, "Thanks. I was worried you had something stupid to say."

Izuku chuckled as he dumped half a jar of peanut butter into the mixing bowl.

"You sure you want to do this? How do you know he likes guys?"

"I don't."

"You're just going to flat out ask him?!" she cried in disbelief, "Shouldn't you ask Eijirou?! What if they're dating?!"

Izuku tapped his chin.

"I hadn't thought about that... You wanna message him and ask?" he asked.

"You think I can just message Eijirou like that? He's always busy. That would be such a random and awkward question."

"You're not helping," Izuku whined turning around.

"I never said-

He turned on the mixer ignoring and drowning out his friend's nagging complaints. She puffed out her cheeks in anger and crossed her arms. Izuku finished the icing and shut the machine off. Ochako washed her hands and walked back to the table.

"Can I ask why we are baking at your mother's house instead of your apartment?"

She really wanted to get off the topic of Katsuki even if it as for a few minutes. Half of her wanted to text Shouto and tell him about the the dumbest thing Izuku was ever going to do in his whole life but she decided against it.

"Well, Mom's is a few minutes from Kacchan's house and he stays with his mom on the weekends because she wants to see him. Besides, today is his birthday anyways."

"Your printer work?" Ochako asked.

He nodded, "I believe so."

"I'll make him a birthday card for you since you said I'm not helping."

Izuku stuck his tongue out at her and she returned the gesture with a smile and a middle finger.

It took her seventeen minutes to finish the card design and print it off. She came just in time. Izuku finished putting the icing on the cake when he started crushing peanut butter cups onto the cake. Ochako began eyeing the little bit of icing left in the bowl.

"Go ahead."

She squealed with delight as she started scraping the bowl for the leftover peanut butter icing.

"All done!"

"I'm so nervous for you."

"Don't be. If it goes badly, I'll call you."

"If it goes good?" she asked arching an eyebrow.

"I'll call you tomorrow hopefully."

She snorted.

"Want me to wash the bowl?"

"No, I'll get it. I promised Mom I would clean for her anyways. She's working until seven in the morning so I have time."

"Alright, I'll see you later."

Izuku spread the plastic cling on the top and headed out. He was just so excited to finally tell Katsuki how he felt. It had been weighing on him for a long time. He hadn't even told his mom because he was afraid she would've been just like Ochako thinking it was bad idea.

He was halfway to Katsuki's mother's house when he realized he forgot the card.
'Damnit, oh well. I can give it to him later I guess. What should I say to him though? I've thought about this a million times....'

He was so occupied in his head what he was going to say to his sweet, dear Kacchan that he never saw the person coming at him. The guy ran into Izuku knocking him onto the sidewalk. It took him a minute to realize what exactly happened but he no longer had his cake in his hands.

Izuku looked up to see Tomura Shigaraki on the sidewalk in front of him covered in Kacchan's birthday cake.