Chapter 8: Meeting an Ex

When the wedding was over my brother Lein went with his new wife to Thailand for a good week of spending time together for a honeymoon. And here I was stuck in the house with ama.

My grandma for a longer version. 

I looked somehow depressed trying to watch ama sew the scarf she was making for her beloved. It's been a week I wonder how's Carmela doing... I haven't heard from her or have gotten a text from her... I sighed while resting my cheek in my arm. 

Ama noticed that I was looking troubled and give me a small nudge to wake up from my small trance. ''I-I'm awake,'' I said.

''Mei, tell me what's on your mind. You look like me when you're troubled.'' Ama said as she pierced the needle into the thread. I bit my lip. Should I tell her? 

I clenched my fists and decided to tell my grandmother what I was feeling.

''You know ama... I wonder if you know... You have someone on your mind... Your brain kept saying it's just a friendly gesture, but deep inside somehow... it's not just a friendly gesture.'' My words confused the heck out of me. 

My grandmother chuckled as she stopped sewing and cupped my face. ''That's called caring or love my grandchild,'' Ama said as she pinched my cheeks and continued to rock her chair. ''So who is it?'' She continued. 

I felt my hair on my arms stand up as I swallowed the lump in my throat. ''I-It's a girl ama... I don't think it's love.'' I answered. 

''Is she on your mind every day?'' She asked. I nodded. 

''Do you worry about her more than usual with your other friends?'' I nod.

''Do you love her?'' I nodded. 

She grinned as I fall flustered onto the floor from my grandma's trap. ''A-Ama no fair!!!'' I pouted at my own grandmother who just chuckled in response. 

''My plum, if you care for this person, why not see how this person is doing?''

''But ama... She might be busy with her work...'' 

''She won't, Trust me. Who knows this person might be even thinking of you back.'' Her words gave me the motivation to maybe ask her out on a small hang out trip to a bar my friends suggested. 

She continued to sew, I stood up and gave my grandmother kiss on the forehead as I left in her room. Closing the door quietly and excusing myself. 

I held my chest and decided I would ask her out. 

I quickly got out of the halls sprinting to my room and grabbing my phone next to the lampshade on the table next to my bed. Going through my contacts then staring at one specific person I wanna have a talk right now. 

But, what if she's busy? Is it weird to ask her out for coffee? Or like... Just stroll around?

I gripped my phone case tight then sighing and telling myself I needed to at least try... It won't hurt and I won't lose anything so... I need to have confidence!