Chapter 5 - The Broken Tango

Picture of Moose >>
Right now, I'm just in class listening to my professor go on and on about something that happened on the weekend. Then he dismisses us. I walk around, looking for one of my friends, Sam. I find him and he's sitting with a group. He introduces me to everyone and we eat. After school, I head back to the vault and mess around with the Santiago twins and the ticks. Then Luke comes up to me. He hands me his phone. "Look what Natalie just sent me." He says. I look at the text message and see a map and the message itself. It says ---
COME TO MY BIRTHDAY TONIGHT -Natalie
"What does it mean?" I ask.
"I don't know. I was hoping you would come with me." Luke says.
"I can't, man. I'm sorry, I got a party tonight." I explain.
"Come on, Moose. College parties start late. I'll get you back on time." Luke says, putting a hand out for his phone. "Please. I really need a good friend right now." I think for a moment.
"Okay, I got your back." I say, putting a hand out so Luke can help me up.
When we get to Natalie's party, and let me just say this is fancy, a guy stops us and asks us for our invitation.
"Invitation?" Luke asks. "Uh, well I have one on my phone." He says.
"Sorry, guys. No invite, no party." He tells us.
"No, look. That's my invitation right there." I say pointing to one of the names on a list. He just pushes us out of the line.
"Great. What are we meant to do now?" Luke asks. We see someone pushing a dresser thingy with suits hung on it. I point to it.
"I know what you're thinking. Let's go." Luke says.
Luke's POV
We change into suits and walk into the party. Someone pushes us onto the dance floor where 10 ladies are lined up and across from them are 8 men. Moose and I get pushed into the two free spaces. Now there are 10 men.
"And now, the broken tango." A women says. We start dancing the broken tango and I look around for Natalie. The guys spin the women around and Natalie spins into my arms. She notices me.
"Luke." She says.
"I got you." I reassure her.
Natalie's POV
Soon the tango is over and I motion for Luke to come with me. We're just talking near a balcony up high, still in the building.
"I got you something." Luke says and hands me a CD. On it it says 'Born From a Boombox. A Luke Katcher Film.' I smile.
"You finished it? That's great." I smile and hug him. Then I kiss him.
"Luke!" We are interrupted by my brother Julian. Luke pulls away from me and looks behind me, at Julian. He looks really confused. I can tell that this won't end well. "To be honest, I didn't think you would get the invitation on time.
"Julian. You invited him." I figured. I was wondering how Luke knew to come tonight.
"What?" Julian asks. "I just wanted him to be able to celebrate the birthday of my loving, and caring, sister." Ugh! Why did he have to say that! I immediately turn to Luke who is just staring at me.
"Luke I'm sorry. I didn't mean for this to happen. At first I joined the pirates to help my brother, it meant nothing. But.. But then.. I started to fall for you. I'm so sorry." I'm nearly crying now. He is still just staring at me. "Please." I say as I put my arms around his neck. "Please tell me you believe me." I beg. He pulls my arms off of him.
"No. Because I don't. We're done Natalie." Luke answers and storms off. I turn to Julian.
"Natalie." Julian tries as he goes to hug me. I push him off of me.
"No. Don't Julian!" I say through gritted teeth, trying not to cry, I run off.
"Really Natalie? Are you really getting worked up over that? Look at him! He's a loser!" I hear Julian behind me. He just doesn't understand.
Luke's POV
I run to my car, taking off the suit I was wearing so now I'm back into my normal clothes. I know I'm leaving Moose here, but I don't really care about anything right now. I just drive back to the vault. When I get there, I park my car and walk down the alley to the entrance to see everyone crowded around it. I walk up to them quickly.
"What's this?" I ask, pulling a slip of paper off the door.
"It's Julian. He's trying to buy our house." Jacob answers.
"This is bullshit. They can't do this to us!" My voice echoed when I yelled. I try shaking the door, nothing. Jacob pulls me back and I let him.
"I grabbed as much as I could." He hands me my bag which contains most of my electronics, hygiene stuff and clothes. I packed it ages ago because I knew this day would come eventually.
"It's okay we can still do this." I say.
"No we can't. When are y'all gonna wake up? We were fooling ourselves thinking this place would last. I'm out." Carlos says.
"Anyone else?" Jacob asks and a short haired girl leaves as well.
"It's okay. You can sleep in my dorm at school, I can ask for mine back." Asha reassures me. I hug her.
"Thanks, Ash." I thank her.
A/N: Hey guys sorry for the late update! I've just gone back to school for term 4 so I have been getting quite a lot of homework and I just got two assignments! I'll try to update weekly.